Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

My Computer Keeps Displaying Bsod messages

This is a discussion on My Computer Keeps Displaying Bsod messages within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Lately when i use my computer and i go online,i recieve a Bsod message after 3-5 minutes.I usally get a

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 08:34 AM   #1

Lately when i use my computer and i go online,i recieve a Bsod message after 3-5 minutes.I usally get a message that says:

"BAD_POOL_CALLER

STOP: 0x000000C2 (0x00000007, 0x00000C3E, 0xE10E0202, 0xE15C83C8)

"

Or i get this message:

" Driver_IRQL_Not_less_or_equal

STOP 0x000000D1 (0x0000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF730B0a2)

afd.sys_Address F82820DD base at F826B000,Datestamp 3B7DC53C "

I only get these messages when i go online.When i'm offline my computer runs perfectly.

I've looked online for solutions to these errors but everything that i've read is too complicated for me to attempt.

Does anyone know how i can fix these problems?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2004, 12:42 PM   #2

Sounds like a memory problem, if you have more than one stick take one out and restart. If it works then you know that one is broke.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:01 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hey Beatrix kiddo,

Ok, I looked around and found a bunch of different things that could be wrong with your system.
There is going to be alot of troubleshooting so just go step by step till you get through all of them. We've all gone through this headache and its always the one thing we didn't do.

So here goes:

1)Read these two sites before you start anything, it might lead to a solution:

https://www.jsiinc.com/SUBM/tip6000/rh6045.htm

Driver problem: https://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_czgw.asp

2)RAM problem: Your RAM might be messed up. Try testing it with this program and see if its a memory error: memtest https://www.memtest86.com/
Then remove your ram one by one or move it to different slots to see if the problem goes away.

3) heatsink fan: Your heatsink fan might not be working properly and could be overheating, causing that problem. Replace it.

LAST STEP IF ALL ELSE FAILS(DO THIS ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!! YOU'LL ERASE EVERYTHING ON YOUR COMPUTER WHEN YOU DO THIS AND ITS COMPLICATED TO DO)

4) (ADVANCED PROBLEM)BIOS ISSUE: FLASH YOUR BIOS. UPDATE IT WITH THE NEWEST ONE, IT MIGHT FIX IT. THEN REINSTALL WINDOWS.

There you go, that should get you started. Let us know what you did to finally fix it, if this works.

--computator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2004, 10:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by computator
Hey Beatrix kiddo,

Ok, I looked around and found a bunch of different things that could be wrong with your system.
There is going to be alot of troubleshooting so just go step by step till you get through all of them. We've all gone through this headache and its always the one thing we didn't do.

So here goes:

1)Read these two sites before you start anything, it might lead to a solution:

https://www.jsiinc.com/SUBM/tip6000/rh6045.htm

Driver problem: https://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_czgw.asp

2)RAM problem: Your RAM might be messed up. Try testing it with this program and see if its a memory error: memtest https://www.memtest86.com/
Then remove your ram one by one or move it to different slots to see if the problem goes away.
:
I read the advice in the first link that you gave me,And i tried switching my RAM to see if that was the cause of my error messages.But when i tried switching the RAM my pc became too slow because the memory i put in it was 127MB RAM and my desktop took forever to load,so i had to put my original 256MB RAM back into my PC for it to respond well.

So now i cam going to try the other suggestion that said:

"If the RAM is OK or changing it does NOT fix the problem:

01. Right-click My Computer and press Properties.

02. Select the Advanced tab.

03. Press the Settings button under Performance.

04. Select the Advanced tab.

05. Press the Change button under Virtual memory.

06. Select No paging file and press the Set button. Press Yes if prompted.

07. Press OK, OK, and OK.

08. Shutdown and restart your computer.

09. Right-click My Computer and press Properties.

10. Select the Advanced tab.

11. Press the Settings button under Performance.

12. Select the Advanced tab.

13. Press the Change button under Virtual memory.

14. Select System Managed size and press the Set button. Press Yes if prompted.

15. Press OK, OK, and OK."

MY NEW PROBLEM IS THAT I WANT TO TRY THE STEPS THAT ARE LISTED ABOVE BUT IT SAYS THAT YOU'RE ONLY SUPPOST TO DO THOSE STEPS IF THE PROBLEM IS NOT YOUR RAM,BUT I STILL DON'T KNOW IF MY RAM IS IN FACT THE CAUSE OF MY BLUE SCREEN ERROS OR NOT(because i couldn't get my pc to work well with the other RAM),BUT I WANT TO TRY THE ABOVE ANYWAYS TO SEE IF IT WILL RESOLVE THE PROBLEM.HOWEVER I DON'T WANT TO DO THE ABOVE STEPS AND THEN SOMEHOW MESS UP MY COMPUTER SINCE THE PROBLEM COULD STILL POSSIBLY BE MY RAM.

Does know wheather not anything negative will happen to my pc if i do the above steps and the problem is actually the RAM?
Old 07-04-2004, 06:39 PM   #5

?
Old 07-05-2004, 12:28 AM   #6
Registered Member

hey beatrix,

Sorry, I don't know for sure what doing those steps will do....they were what I found online looking around. I don't want to tell you to do it and then have your computer mess up. Did you try Memtest yet? That should tell you if something is wrong with your memory.

Also instead of switching memory and putting less...try moving the memory around to different slots. Maybe one of your memory slots is messed up....again memtest the program should help you out.

Download it and try that first before anything else...there is a link to it in my first response.

Good luck.
--Computator :D
Old 07-06-2004, 07:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by computator
hey beatrix,

Sorry, I don't know for sure what doing those steps will do....they were what I found online looking around. I don't want to tell you to do it and then have your computer mess up. Did you try Memtest yet? That should tell you if something is wrong with your memory.

Also instead of switching memory and putting less...try moving the memory around to different slots. Maybe one of your memory slots is messed up....again memtest the program should help you out.

Download it and try that first before anything else...there is a link to it in my first response.

Good luck.
--Computator :D
I downloaded the Memory testing program,but when i opened the .Rar file, it had 4 files in it and none of them are a regular installing program.I read the Readme file and i don't understand how to install this app.Here is what it says:

"Memtest86 is a stand alone program and can be loaded from either a disk
partition or from a floppy disk.

To build Memtest86:
1) Review the Makefile and adjust options as needed.
2) Type "make"

This creates a file named "memtest.bin" which is a bootable image. This
image file may be copied to a floppy disk or lilo may be used to boot this
image from a hard disk partition.

To create a Memtest86 bootdisk
1) Insert a blank write enabled floppy disk.
2) As root, Type "make install"

To boot from a disk partition via lilo
1) Copy the image file to a permanent location (ie. /memtest).
2) Add an entry in the lilo config file (usually /etc/lilo.conf) to boot
memtest86. Only the image and label fields need to be specified.
The following is a sample lilo entry for booting memtest86:

image = /memtest
label = memtest

3) As root, type "lilo"

At the lilo prompt enter memtest to boot memtest86.

If you encounter build problems a binary image has been included (precomp.bin).
To create a boot-disk with this pre-built image do the following:
1) Insert a blank write enabled floppy disk.
2) Type "make install-bin"
"
Old 07-06-2004, 08:58 AM   #8

Driver_IRQL_Not_less_or_equal

this message is always hardware related and usually to do with the driver. Updating the drivers for recently installed hardware will probably be all you need do, usually with this message there will be a line ending with the driver file xxxxxx.sys or xxxxxx.dll causing the problem, in that case you know which to update, or maybe remove that hardware and driver until you can find a fix.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:18 AM   #9
Registered Member

Try doing what Cyclic said and check your drivers first.

Then go here and use one of the memory programs on the page to check your RAM....memtest is towards the bottom...there is a newer windows dependent version...use that one....or try a different program if you like.

https://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/be_memory.htm

--Computator:compute:
Old 07-06-2004, 12:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by cyclic
Driver_IRQL_Not_less_or_equal

this message is always hardware related and usually to do with the driver. Updating the drivers for recently installed hardware will probably be all you need do, usually with this message there will be a line ending with the driver file xxxxxx.sys or xxxxxx.dll causing the problem, in that case you know which to update, or maybe remove that hardware and driver until you can find a fix.
How do i go about updating my drivers?

The only new hardware that i've added to his computer has been my USB keyboard and a mouse.Both i got from another computer a while ago(made by the same manufacturer).

But what i don't understand is why my computer runs Excellent when it's not online,but as soon as i start opening webpages on the net the error messages appear.
Closed Thread