Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

multiple monitors with tv

This is a discussion on multiple monitors with tv within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I didn't know where this topic would be appropriate so I put it in the XP one. I'm trying

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 12:48 PM   #1

Hi, I didn't know where this topic would be appropriate so I put it in the XP one.

I'm trying to set up multiple monitors using a CRT TV that has an s-video hook up. My video card has a TV-out and I have the proper cord to connect the 2 (the cord actually splits into an s-video and composite video). When it's all hooked up and I go into the display settings and try to enable or activate the second monitor, it just flickers for a second or two then stops and nothing has changed.

I have set this up in the past but forgot how I did it. I'm not completely sure but the last time I had it set up, I might have had my old Radeon 9000 pro instead of my x1600 pro that I have now. Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2008, 04:40 PM   #2

HOW TO FORCE A TV DETECTION on every pc, and videocard

here is a video i found that show you how to do it easely

https://www.metacafe.com/watch/109632...n_a_laptop_pc/
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Multiple monitors with 9800pro - blank screen problem
Hi, I recently got a second monitor, however I am having real problems setting up multiple monitors. I've got one monitor on the VGA port and the other plugged into the DVI port using the DVI/VGA adaptor that was bundled with my graphics card. Basically, i can activate both monitors in the...
plec Video Card Support 21 01-22-2006 09:03 PM
1 keyboard w/ multiple monitors...?
Currently i have a desk set up with multiple monitors and they go to different comps... I was wondering if it was possible to have 1 mouse and 1 keyboard for multiple comps? Having more than 1 mouse lying around is getting kinda old
Name9902 Other Hardware Support 3 02-23-2005 03:58 PM
XP Multiple Monitors not working
Thanks in advance! This is my second attempt at multiple monitors. Currently I can see the same thing on both monitors, but I want to stretch the desktop so I can see different things on each monitor. My computer recognizes that I have multiple monitors, but is not presenting the option to...
cathig Windows XP Support 3 08-10-2004 03:09 PM
Problem w/ multiple monitors
For some reason Win XP is thinking that I've got four monitors when I've got only one. It displays one correct one - Samsung SyncMaster 172T, and three 'Default Monitors,' which don't even exist. This is screwing stuff up, with my resolutions and refresh rates. How can I fix this? If I just...
r-07-31-86 Windows XP Support 1 10-26-2003 04:50 PM
TI4200 crashing my system with multiple monitors
I have just installed a TI4200 VTD8X with/featuring Nvidia GForce & Iím running XP with 120 gig & 400 RAM & 1200MHz. Whenever I switch from single monitor view to monitor & TV out the switch crashes my whole system. 1 second of blue screen of death with a load of techno gubbins & then the...
simonwilliams Video Card Support 0 04-24-2003 07:30 PM