Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

MS-DOS windows minimizing by itself

This is a discussion on MS-DOS windows minimizing by itself within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a problem with MS-DOS on Windows XP 32-bit SP3. When I launch MS-DOS application, it goes full screen

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 12:57 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

I have a problem with MS-DOS on Windows XP 32-bit SP3. When I launch MS-DOS application, it goes full screen and then it minimizes in about 10 seconds. I have tried compatibility mode, but it won't work. I don't want to use DOSBox or similar programs. Is there any fix for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2017, 01:30 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Instead of just cmd try opening with cmd /k

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Local Area Connection, doesn't have a valid IP configuration
A little preface before I get into my problem. Last night my friend and I were looking to play a game together. After some research and so forth, we determined that Hamachi was the way to play. So we installed and began to play. Fast forward to this morning, and suddenly my ethernet cable no longer...
TTunnell Networking Support 26 05-22-2014 12:04 AM
Happili Virus Redirect
Hello: I've been hit with the Happili virus where it redirects me when I conduct a google search. Attached is the GMER and TDSS files. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. -ttvr4
ttvr4 Resolved HJT Threads 14 05-15-2012 11:47 AM
Virus blocking internet access.
After removing XP Antispyware 2012,I can no longer connect to the internet.It just says "acquiring network address". When I do ipconfig it says "RPC server is unavailable".There's nothing wrong with the internet connection itself.Just something on my computer preventing it from connecting. ....
honeybe Resolved HJT Threads 28 01-10-2012 02:26 AM
After closing previous thread my problems continue
Hi there. After lots of great help from CatByte all the memory I had lost was returned and it looked like my problems were solved. However I've noticed that the memory I got back has been going down at the same rate as before (see link to thread below). It also takes a long time to shut down with...
Oberjeen Resolved HJT Threads 7 03-19-2011 03:48 PM