Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Moving taskbar.

This is a discussion on Moving taskbar. within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. For some reason my taskbar has moved to top of screen and it will not let me drop and drag,

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 11:59 PM   #1
Registered Member

Evil

For some reason my taskbar has moved to top of screen and it will not let me drop and drag, the autolock is off. When I left click on start area of taskbar it immediately goes to Administrator screen, anywhere else along its length I get no reaction to trying to drag it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2017, 03:18 PM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

'Grab' any blank space on it with the mouse cursor, then move the mouse cursor to the edge of the screen where you want it. (top, bottom, right, left). Give it a sec and the task bar will appear on the edge where your mouse cursor is.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:02 AM   #3
Registered Member

I have tried your suggestion all to no avail. all that does happen is depth of task bar increases to about 25mm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2017, 10:37 AM   #4
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Don't grab the edge, grab it in the center of any blank space of the task bar.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:24 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Boot into Safe Mode, the taskbar will go to Default position
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...fault-position

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My taskbar doesn't respond and all icons are gone
Yesterday when i turned on my computer all the icons on my desktop and taskbar were gone and the taskbar didn't work. I can't perform any windows key combos and i can see the unresponsive taskbar when watching videos on full screen on YouTube. I have tried many suggested solutions I found on the...
Mangoguy Windows 8, 8.1 Support 6 04-23-2015 05:32 PM
How can one prevent errors when moving files?
I was trying to organize my files on my Windows 7 service pack 1 PC. I tried to move my "users" folder, but when I tried to move it, the "moving" window came up but the folders weren't moved. When I tried to cancel, it wouldn't work, so I stopped the attempted move with the task manager. I also...
Kythirith Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 4 10-18-2014 11:02 AM
how to change size of taskbar icons
i cant seem to get the registry tweak to work to change the size of the taskbar icon size in windows 7. i like the look of the taskbar when clicking the box "use small icons", except for the size of the icons. i looked at this site How to Customize the Size of the Windows 7 Taskbar Icons: 7...
benny3411 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 4 04-06-2014 05:46 PM
Change position of sys tray/clock in win7 taskbar?
Hello, I'd like to know if there is a way to move the system tray (notification icons) and system clock from their default fixed position opposite the start menu button. I've recently spent a good deal of time in linux country and have become somewhat attached to the relative freedom allowed in...
thosejaunes Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 2 04-02-2012 05:53 PM
[SOLVED] Taskbar moving?
Hi again Not been on for a while, but have a problem! For no reason that I know of, my taskbar takes itself off to the right hand side of the desktop, where it appears vertically. Has anyone any ideas why? :4-dontkno Thanks as always
rosief Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 3 03-25-2011 04:08 PM