Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

mouse and keyboard, not functioning

This is a discussion on mouse and keyboard, not functioning within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My mouse and keyboard do nt function. I tried to do a system restore and everything is shadowed, like its

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
Registered Member

My mouse and keyboard do nt function. I tried to do a system restore and everything is shadowed, like its there, I see it, but will not respond. It some type of virus, but do i get rid of it. Everything works find on the other O S ( Ubuntu ) I have installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Restart the computer and press F8. Boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Due to Forum rules we cannot comment or assist with malware removal. Please click on the link in my signature for Virus/Malware Help. And do those things and post in that section of the forum.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
Registered Member

I did not find the path you were referring to. Thanks for your help.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Keyboard and mouse not working :(
So, the problem is, the keyboard and mouse are not working, so i cannot do anything on my computer (laptop). The problems began yesterday, after I turned automatic updates ON, and downloaded a lot of updates and I installed them (77 of them) :D After that, I restarted computer and it worked...
tekun Laptop Support 7 05-19-2012 05:21 PM
HELP! Mouse & Keyboard randomly stop working
Help! I have TRIED to solve this myself, but now I'm considering giving up and getting a new computer. I thought I'd try my luck here first. I will give as much information as possible, so PLEASE bear with me... Starting about a month ago, my wireless mouse and keyboard would randomly stop...
jackieck Motherboards, Bios & CPU 10 12-17-2011 09:25 AM
Mouse and keyboard failed
I have a ps/2 mouse and keyboard with a Sony Vaio desktop. They both just quit on me out of the blue. Nothing has been touched on this computer for years. I have to do a hard reboot/turnoff the computer. When I do this, the mouse and or the keyboard will work for a few minutes, then suddenly...
fartycomputers Windows XP Support 5 09-05-2011 05:37 AM
Mouse and keyboard stop working after a while.
Hi sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forums. Today I got a gaming pc built to the specs I wanted, everything was working fine, then suddenly the mouse and keyboard stopped working - nothing had frozen i was still receiving messages through steam but i couldn't respond. I was using a...
wizzymeg Other Hardware Support 3 07-19-2011 09:17 AM
[SOLVED] keyboard and mouse not working
i haven't run across this before...first the keyboard wasn't working, i found it unplugged (not sure how THAT happened); plugged it back in and it still doesn't work. the mouse WAS working, but after i unplugged it (i was looking at the male end to make sure i was plugging the keyboard in right)...
jillocity Other Hardware Support 3 04-12-2011 08:10 PM