Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Microsoft Office Picture Manager

This is a discussion on Microsoft Office Picture Manager within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My wife took a video card out of her camera to upload pictures to Facebook. She cropped them and then

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 06:10 AM   #1
Registered Member

Evil

My wife took a video card out of her camera to upload pictures to Facebook. She cropped them and then tried uploading them to an album she just created (on FB). Our computer locked up, and then she received a file with all characters. None of the photos are on the card, and now it says it needs to be formatted. Is there a special place on our computer that these pictures could have moved to, or are we out of luck? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We had some special family pictures that we really don't want to lose. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2017, 08:55 AM   #2
Game Team Tech

normally they would be imported to my pictures folder. If your wife removed the card from the machine with out ejecting it first it could have damaged the memory card.

First Check users click on the user name when she did the transfer, click on pictures, next look for a folder normally the name of the camera ie sony or cannon etc open that folder and click DCIM all the pictures should be stored in there if copied correctly.

Free SD Card Data Recovery Software Recovers Deleted Files from SD Card - EaseUS

There are many card recovery tools out there this is just one.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:32 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Quote:
She cropped them and then tried uploading them to an album she just created (on FB)
after cropping the pictures, she should have saved them to a folder in your My Pictures folder, then uploaded them to FB. If you renamed the pictures before uploading, you can do a Search for one of the named pictures.
Or As been stated, go to C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\My Documents\My Pictures and see if they are there.
You can try Recuva for files that have gone missing