Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Media Disconnected/ No IP Address

This is a discussion on Media Disconnected/ No IP Address within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. connect the PC to a router with a cable connection and post back an ipconfig /all ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ipconfig /all We

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 02:21 PM   #1
Team Manager - Networking

connect the PC to a router with a cable connection and post back an ipconfig /all

------------------------------------------------------------------------

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
How to open an Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 8
Use Windows + X Keys together and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
Or Right click on the windows icon - bottom left hand side - A menu appears - choose Command Prompt (Admin)[/indent]
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R
Now type CMD
Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.
ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2016, 04:42 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Your previous thread https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...n-1099034.html was already moved to the XP section of the forum, there was no need to create a new thread.
We still need you to follow the instructions that I linked @Spydoctor as well as Etaf above showed for us to help you further. You also have not answered the questions from the previous thread?
Maybe once you have provided the information, @Etaf may need to move your thread once more to the Networking section of the forum.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:50 AM   #3
Team Manager - Networking

i have closed this thread

lets continue on this one
https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...n-1099034.html

Closed Thread