Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Major Problems

This is a discussion on Major Problems within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I have almost given up on computers entirely. I have spent days and weeks researching why my computers are

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 10:50 AM   #1

Hi,

I have almost given up on computers entirely. I have spent days and weeks researching why my computers are not working properly and I can't figure it out. I have two computers, one desktop and one laptop. Both are running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. The most important problems are the ones with my laptop since I use it for school.

I have already explained the problems that I am having with IE here:
https://www.techsupportforum.com/f56/...tml#post795364
They may fit in with these problems.

My Laptop:
Sometimes when I close the screen (it should suspend) and carry it to school, when I turn it on there are weird lines going across the screen until I reboot the computer.
I just installed the DIVX codec and although DIVX movies will play in the DIVX player they will not play in media center or media player (although this works fine on my desktop). I am sure that I installed the codec.
I use Avira Antivirus (freeav.com) and when I open it it says that Avira Guard is off. I click start service, it waits and then says "AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Guard could not be started." I tried going in to the services manager and all that happened was that the services window started but nothing would show on it. It reminds me of when I tried to uninstall Mcaffee antivirus a week or so ago, the uninstall window did not show anything on it (no writing, no buttons just a screen that looks like it stopped loading after a second or so) so I had to get Advanced uninstaller pro and the mcaffee removal tool to remove it. Anyhow, I used Advanced uninstaller pro to go to my services and tried starting the avira guard and it just kept processing and processing until I canceled it. These are such frustrating problems and the next even more so. Recently, when I go to My Music in Media Center, I get this error "Audio Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0xc00d0feb (c00d0feb)" This is a fairly new problem as I always used to be able to listen to my music in media center. They songs are fine as they play in winamp but not on media center (computer or xbox 360). Media center does work with TV.

The following is a lesser problem that I am not nearly as concerned about:
I also had some problems with phpmyadmin when I installed it and thought it was the software but it could have been something with my computer. The phpmyadmin would use the incorrect mysql code when I tried to do something. Like when I tried to delete a field it would show the sql and it would say "select * from" instead of the delete query.

I am not even going to mention the problems on my desktop as it is not nearly as important as this and I think I have an idea of what that is but these seem like they need a genius to fix.

Does anyone know what is going on? I have scanned my drive for errors and with spyware doctor.

Please Help!

Regards,

Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

https://www.xvid.org/
post your a/v problem in security

Closed Thread