Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

LOTS of Errorr Messages.

This is a discussion on LOTS of Errorr Messages. within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey, I recently got what I think was a virus or something. Legion. Downloaded something, had some hacker stuff and

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 07:21 AM   #1

Hey, I recently got what I think was a virus or something. Legion. Downloaded something, had some hacker stuff and I deleted hit. Now a good 80 % of my programs give me error messages when I start them, including all my internet explorers, mozzila IE. And other software, MSN, and more. Its one that says,
eg. Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and need to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. And it give the report. But, the program still works. I just drag the box down and let it float there. I have scanned my computer several times. Don't know what to do.

THanks
James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2007, 08:26 AM   #2
Team Manager
Articles Team

My System

Send a message via Skype™ to chauffeur2

G'Day James...Welcome to TSF!

In view of what you have said, my recommendation is to go here; follow the instructions carefully; then post a copy of your HJT Log in the HJT Help Forum, where one of the analysts will be along to assist you with your issues.

Good Luck with it.

Kind Regards,

If it works, Don't fix it!
Especially if Microsoft made it!
Old 04-29-2007, 08:38 AM   #3

Thanks for the quick response. And thanks for the link!
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
dwwin.exe dll missing + antivirus cut out
:sigh: Hi, have been sent here from the hijackthis thread as i was having trouble with some spyware. went through a range of processes with tetonbob and got rid of what the scanners had found. however, my computer is still acting up and today whilst i was running my avg spyware scanner again it got...
Agglos Windows XP Support 14 12-21-2006 06:24 PM
Thubderbird not downloading messages
I'm frustrated. About a week ago tbird started not receiving messages from one of my accounts. Since I'd previously had unresolved issues with that webhosting service, I went ahead and changed all the email lists I receive over to another account. Two days later, tbird stopped receiving messages...
db.distler Mozilla/Firefox Browsers 0 12-10-2005 09:21 AM
my windows just shows me the blue screen and shuts down
(i didnt read the post instructions, so i wrote down the question in someone elses thread. Sorry, my bad) Can someone help, few days ago my comp. started acting strange. It just shows me a blue death screen and shuts down. I runed hijackthis scan like i saw you did, and this is the log...... ...
INSERT_COIN Resolved HJT Threads 26 11-03-2005 12:48 PM
Outlook 2003 - IMAP messages & winmail.dat
I have a perplexing issue with Outlook 2003 that I'm hoping someone can help with. It is a known that OL cannot be forced to store Sent Items on an IMAP server. Therefore I wrote a rule per the Microsoft KB instructions to place a copy of sent messages in the IMAP store's Sent Items folder. This...
etzeppy Microsoft Office support 0 08-18-2005 12:02 PM
problem exporting message's internet header data from outlook express
(If this is not the correct forum, then apologies in advance, please move as needed) Summary: when exporting outlook express messages to Outlook, message's original internet header data is lost Detail: I am trying to convert a collection of Outlook Express folders to Outlook. I am able to...
jaredr Microsoft Office support 1 01-30-2003 02:14 PM