Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

"Loading your personal settings..." no boot

This is a discussion on "Loading your personal settings..." no boot within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Well, I was trying to add the Japanese language pack to my Windows XP Professional and all seemed fine until

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
Registered Member

Well, I was trying to add the Japanese language pack to my Windows XP Professional and all seemed fine until I rebooted. Once I get to the "welcome" screen, when I attempt to enter a user account Windows briefly displays "Loading your personal settings..." and then the message disappears as though I hadn't tried to log onto a user account at all. The same problem persists in safe mode and when trying to boot from the last working setting. Additionally, this happens on both password protected and non-password protected accounts.

Is there anything I can do to boot besides a clean install?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

So, you have tried to log in as a different user and it still hangs?
Boot off of the Windows Disc and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Computer has been effectively taken over.
Hi, Several days ago I went to log onot internet banking and realised quickly that something wasn't right the page I had been directed to looked real and was indeed coming from lloyds bank servers. However too much information was being requested so I contacted bank security. They told me I...
Grazza64 Resolved HJT Threads 61 01-07-2012 03:14 PM
Need help with strange boot problem
Hello, I'm working on a friends computer with a boot problem I can't figure out. On every hard boot it will not boot windows. It seems to skip the hard drive and move down the rest of the boot order. If there is a disk in the drive it will boot from it, if no disk it then tries to do a network...
rickster70 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 18 12-18-2011 07:18 AM
[SOLVED] Can't boot from CD, can't enter CMOS
Hi everyone, I have a Sony VAIO, VGC-RB30 desktop. I wanted to install Linux, so I partitioned the hard disk. I resized both the recovery partition and the boot partition (Windows), but then when I tried to reboot, it wouldn't. I guess it is related to the "moving left" of the Windows...
areynaldos Hard Drive Support 9 03-06-2011 02:20 PM
40 pin IDE = OK 80 pin IDE = reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot medi
Hey there guys and dolls. I have i strange problem. For about a month ago i had some problems with my pc which is a self build. I decided to clean the interior for dust. Everything was cleaning thourough. But when started up my pc loaded fine until the point where XP would start-up. Instead of...
LennoxReaper Hard Drive Support 2 01-07-2011 07:43 AM