Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Leftover Files After Program Uninstallation

This is a discussion on Leftover Files After Program Uninstallation within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I don't know much about computers so please bear with me. I've installed a cookie/files cleanup (Evidence Eliminator), which

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #1

Hi, I don't know much about computers so please bear with me.

I've installed a cookie/files cleanup (Evidence Eliminator), which is actually a 30 day trial program. Not even a day past, I decided to uninstall it. Unfortunately, I experienced problem uninstalling it with my pc's Add/Remove Program, so crazy to say I tried to remove them manually.
Now, I've noticed that "Evidence Eliminator" items still appear on context menu list when I right-click one of the items in Start Menu or any one of the files in My Documents and Desktop Icons. So, how can I delete and stop all these items (Evidence Eliminator Safe Delete, Evid. Elim. Quick Mode, Evid. Elim. Safe Start, etc.) to appear on right-clikck (context menu) list?

Someone told me about going to Registry Editor, but did not find them. Then, I also tried to run window thorough search, and nothing found either.

Its kind of frustraing doing research about this problem and it always takes me to a dead end. I hope I expressed my problem with my computer clearly and also hope to hear from you guys, soon.

PLEASE HELP..I NEED YOUR EXPERTISE!
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2008, 12:45 PM   #2

Find Search assistant (the one with the yellow dog) and click "All files and folders". Right click every line it shows and choose delete. Be careful. After deleting a folder, some extra lines may show up on the Search assistant GUI. Do not delete those. Instead: run a second search to make sure.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #3

If some files or folders won't delete do it again in safe mode. That should do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2008, 10:15 PM   #4

Can't find the actual files but "Evidence Eliminator" still appears as a context menu item. Thanks for your advice anyway..
Old 05-13-2008, 10:22 PM   #5

download and install "yout uninstaller pro 2008" program and uninstall using this program .the link is "https://www.download.com/Your-Uninstaller-2008/3000-2096_4-10143715.html"
Closed Thread