Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Laptop Boots Up, But Windows Dont!

This is a discussion on Laptop Boots Up, But Windows Dont! within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. :( My Laptop boots up, like you see the Computer manufactuar name, and then, nothing comes up :( Why... i

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 06:33 AM   #1

:( My Laptop boots up, like you see the Computer manufactuar name, and then, nothing comes up :( Why... i installed windows xp pro onto it and nothing comes up... Anyway im the idiot... oh well... i installed a french version of it because i was on holiday... but it is not so critical because i am getting a new one soon.... for my birthday soo... im just wondering can any1 help...
i suck at reading french...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2005, 11:27 AM   #2
elf
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft Support

My System

Send a message via AIM to elf
so it just...doesn't boot? does it give an error message? does it reboot? does it just lock up? be more specific. How far does it get before it ''nothing comes up''

If TSF has helped you, Tell us about it! or Donate to help keep the site up!
I do not subscribe to threads, so if I stop replying, PM me with a link to your thread so I can find it again.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:23 AM   #3

Cry

only the manufactuare thing comes up.... like vaio picture, and then the screen is black... thats all! :(

turn on computer

viao screen comes up with picture

after blank black screen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2005, 09:16 AM   #4

is this a new laptop? could be a faulty hdd. if you dont have the diagnostics utility for your hdd, check out the manufacturer's website of the harddrive maker and download the diagnostics utility and put it on a floppy. then bootup with the floppy, follow the onscreen instructions and test your hdd for any errors. remember to change the first boot device in the bios to "floppy" so the computer can boot to the floppy.

another thing you can do is to bootup with your windows xp cd if you have it. if you dont have it then change your first boot device to "cdrom" in the bios so the computer can boot to the windows xp cd. when the computer boots to the windows xp cd, choose repair in the main console. the computer will ask you for an admin password and just press enter to skip the process if you dont have one.

then on C: type in "fixmbr" and it should only take a sec. oh yeah type it in without the "". then restart the computer and see if this works. if you are familiar with opening up laptops, then try changing the hdd cable too with a spare one and see if that helps also, good luck.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:46 AM   #5

thanks, ill try ;)
Old 08-30-2005, 04:08 AM   #6

now i have gotten a even worse problem, the screeen is just black, i insert the windows xp pro sp2 cd and it wont boot or doesent do anything :(
Old 08-30-2005, 04:17 AM   #7

i tried again, and i put in the cd and it comes up with white bars getting filled up like |||||||||||||||||||||

there getting filled but v.v.v.v.v.v.v slowly
Closed Thread