Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

index.dat analyser

This is a discussion on index.dat analyser within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am facing lot of problem with speed of PC , It is taking hell of time to open the

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 11:45 AM   #1

I am facing lot of problem with speed of PC , It is taking hell of time to open the simple word file

just i would like to know by deleting history & index.dat would serve the purpose

while surfing i came to know about index.dat analyser (is this safe to use for win xp)

is there is any way to know & delete these hidden (black box) without using any third party software
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2008, 08:33 AM   #2
Moderator, Editor, Articles Team

My System

Hi sspt, and welcome to TSF.

Tracking down all of your index.dat files is next to impossible. I would advise against this plan because of the risk of deleting files required to run your system.

Ccleaner is a tried and trusted program and very popular. Here is the link but watch out for the install options, if you don't untick the bottom box, it will install Yahoo toolbar, which i imagine you don't need!

Also, do not use the registry cleaner part of the program. Registry cleaners are not good
Quote:
If they work, you won't notice any difference, if they don't work, you end up with an expensive doorstop.
Ccleaner

Here is a link to some very good, reliable advice, right here at TSF.

Is your pc running slow?

Any more questions, please feel free to post back.

Submit New Articles Here

Help us to help you by posting your System Specs
Closed Thread