Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iletoxuf.dll... what is it?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  justpassingby 
#1 ·
Hello,

I was wondering, what is Iletoxuf.dll? Where did it come from?

Not sure what I installed to make this strange .DLL file appear, but whenever I try to rid it from MSCONFIG(Startup), it reappears seconds later. It's located in C:\WINDOWS - I didn't want to delete it in case it's connected to something else, but I did remove it from C:\WINDOWS and put it somewhere else, then tried to uncheck it from Startup. Even though it wasn't in its prior location, it still reappeared back into Startup.

I've tried looking it up in Google, but no page shows up. I scanned it with McAfee and Spybot - Search & Destroy and nothing came up. Don't think it's a virus or spyware, but really have no idea what it is.

Anyone have an idea of what it is and what program it's connected to?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Mysterio, this is interesting to say the least. I very rarely run across something I do an online search for, where the search results are 0. That's what came up when I did a seach on Iletoxuf.dll. Are you sure its spelled right? Since you are trying to get rid of it, do a file search on your computer and delete any entries. Also do a registry search. If this were a recognized file from a legit MFR, it would have come up in the search.

#4 · (Edited)
Yeah, the spelling is correct.

Here's a screenshot of the startup process:

And here's a screenshot of the .DLL file when I moused over it:

Also, I've been told to install Kaspersky and I did a full deep scan of my computer and nothing came up in terms of that .DLL file.

I guess it was supposedly created on Dec. 20, but I honestly don't remember installing anything on that day which could have caused the creation of that file.

I also scanned the file via VirusTotal.com and a few websites claim that the file is infected:

https://www.virustotal.com/analisis/ef830b6d9bde20e89eac421aa930c6d8

So it could be infected but then again it may not be.

Lastly, there's an entry in the Registry for Iletoxuf.dll. Should I delete the entry, then try to delete it in MSCONFIG/C:\WINDOWS? Just want to make sure, in case the file is important and deleting it may cause strange behavior.

Thanks!

#5 ·
It's a randomy named file, hence the 0 results on google (actually there's one hit now), and if 5 different antivirus say it's a trojan then it's definitely a trojan (otherwise it could have been a randomly named driver, used by some virtual drives like daemon tools for instance).

Please follow these instructions :
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50...-posting-for-malware-removal-help-305963.html
Post your logs with a summary of your issue and the link to the virus total analysis in a new thread in the malware help section and our security analysts will get back to you as soon as they can (be patient, the section is very busy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.