Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

I can't get my computer to get past loading personal settings

This is a discussion on I can't get my computer to get past loading personal settings within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I can't get my computer to go past loading personal settings. It's not freezing because the mouse icon still moves.

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 02:49 PM   #1

I can't get my computer to go past loading personal settings. It's not freezing because the mouse icon still moves. I've tried safe mode but i also does the same thing. If anyone can help it would be highly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2007, 06:17 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi, felony0513
We will try to help but were going to need alot more info. I would first reboot and hit F8 key and try to go into Last Known Cofiguration That Worked and see if it will boot. Many things can cause a PC to hang (Dirty PC, PSU, HEAT, CPU, RAM, Viruses, Spyware, HD) are just a few. We will need the specs on your PC. How long this has been going on etc.,etc., before we can even attempt to help you. If you do get it booted up the first thing I would do is SAVE YOU DATA. Depending on the issue you may loose it.
Please post back with what ever you can.
Thanks,
Bill
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brand new self-built computer keeps freezing
Processor: AMD Athlon X2 4600+ Mobo: Asus M2A-VM HDMI Ram: Crucial Ballistix 2 1GB DDR2 @ 800 MHz. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 320GB (XP SP2 still thinks its 130GB, but mobo realizes its 320GB) So yea my major problem is it keeps freezing every once in a while and it tends to slow down a bunch...
LeftIsTrembling RAM and Power Supply Support 96 08-01-2007 07:49 AM
Startup S....l.....o....w
My startup from boot till everything is loaded takes about 10 mins whats up?
JFLmongoose Windows XP Support 28 05-02-2007 12:49 PM
Losing Sound/Taskbar changing colors (HiJack Log included)
My taskbar is the normal blue from WinXP, however it is now changing at random to beige. Along with that I keep losing my sound card, in device manager it shows active and enable but no sounds (other than system sounds) will play. When I click on the speaker on the taskbar it says no active mixer...
Wombat104 Inactive Malware Help Topics 18 01-22-2007 08:27 AM
Computer continually resets, only loads in safe mode
Hi, my computer wont load. it gets as far as teh loading screen, and at the poin where i would expect teh desktop to load, it resets. the only way i can get it running is in safe mode. i have scanned my comp using the newest definitions of my scan programs, but nothing works, here is my log: ...
2eXtreme Inactive Malware Help Topics 37 03-02-2006 11:51 AM