Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

HTTPS cant browse in IE v8

This is a discussion on HTTPS cant browse in IE v8 within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi I am newbie here I have strange error in my Windows XP Sp3 Internet Explorer version 8 why because

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Hi

I am newbie here

I have strange error in my Windows XP Sp3 Internet Explorer version 8
why

because last 2 weeks ago i can able to browse this site https://eclink.bdo.com.ph
but yesterday until today when i tried i cannot browse it but if i used MOzilla Firefox i can able to view the page.

so what i did is to change my internet connection into direct connection no firewall but still i cannot view the page in IE.

please need help the only solution is to reformat the laptop.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 01:59 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

Quote:
There is a problem with this website's security certificate.
IE is blocking this site because its security certificate has a problem. And the connection is untrusted. FF 16.1 is blocking it too.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:14 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi

spunk.funk thanks for your reply

how to resolve this issue is there a way to bypass it.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 03:29 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

Quote:
The certificate expired on 8/21/2012 4:59 PM.
Once they get their certificate signed again, then this site will again become trusted and be able to be viewed by all. Until then it is not to be trusted.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I can only access HTTPS sites
As the title suggests, I am only able to access https sites. Other standalone programs like AOL Instant Messenger are working and connected. My laptop will still connect at my friends house, the library, McDonalds, etc. It has connected at my apartment to all sites in the past, but only for a few...
LostNConfused9 Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 2 01-04-2012 10:45 PM
Google hardens HTTPS encrypted traffic against future attacks
Google has modified the encryption method used by its HTTPS-enabled services including Gmail, Docs and Google+, in order to prevent current traffic from being decrypted in the future when technological advances make this possible. The majority of today's HTTPS implementations use a private key...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 11-25-2011 02:55 PM
Computer infected with Trojan
My office computer has been infected. Symptoms are that visits to websites are being redirected, the computer appears to go into hibernation or sleep mode when I leave it alone for a few minutes and it is often difficult to get it back. Sometimes I have to manually turn it on and off. Further,...
Jefflaw Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 45 07-19-2011 10:28 AM
Browse laptop on TV via Setup Box OR Nettop or USB Wireless Adapter
Hi Guys, this is my first post to this site. I am like many others who are trying to find a good solution to connect to TV and be able to browse internet wirelessly. I did some research and their were 3 categories:- 1/Roku/Boxee kinds set up boxes where they have their own user interface,...
ishaanb1978 Networking Support 4 04-21-2011 01:20 PM
Microsoft turns off HTTPS protection for Hotmail in Arab countries
Microsoft says it did not "intentionally limit" access to Hotmail's HTTPS encryption service in foreign countries where freedom of expression is under attack. The Electronic Frontier Foundation said Friday that "Microsoft appears to have turned off the always-use-HTTPS option in Hotmail for...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 03-29-2011 01:00 PM