Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Hotmail locked out

This is a discussion on Hotmail locked out within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Yesterday when I went to look at my hotmail the following happened:the left column showed 142 emails in the inbox.

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 06:31 PM   #1
Registered Member

Yesterday when I went to look at my hotmail the following happened:the left column showed 142 emails in the inbox. When I looked in the right column where the emails are usually resident, it was blank. The same happened for all my other folders. Something is blocking the emails from appearing on my computer. I am running windows XP on a Dell Dimension 8300. What could be causing this and how do I correct it? Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2019, 07:32 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

This has been happening to me for a few days. Only 'solution' I've found is to let it sit for a few minutes then everything will work correctly.

Other issue I've noticed is that if it does show the emails in the right column, it will either not show them when one is opened, or won't respond to a delete/reply request. Again, nothing else works other than waiting.

In either case, once it finally works it operates normally the rest of the time.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:20 AM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

As you should know, Windows XP has not been supported by Microsoft for a few years now. Many browsers for XP are no longer supported will not get online with XP.
I would login to your Hotmail account from a different computer running a supported version of Windows (ie) Windows 7, 8 or 10 and see how that goes
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2019, 01:53 PM   #4
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

I think Spunk is right the problem is most likley Windows XP as Hotmail is also a Microsoft product and Windows XP is way too unsafe at this point to be running on the Internet.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:18 PM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Then it's a different issue on my end :)
Currently on 10 and FF 66.0.5
Old 05-22-2019, 10:30 AM   #6
Registered Member

Razz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallt View Post
This has been happening to me for a few days. Only 'solution' I've found is to let it sit for a few minutes then everything will work correctly.

Other issue I've noticed is that if it does show the emails in the right column, it will either not show them when one is opened, or won't respond to a delete/reply request. Again, nothing else works other than waiting.

In either case, once it finally works it operates normally the rest of the time.
Does this mean 'just waiting' has replaced reboot as a fix for Windows issues?
(tongue out icon does not display).

Bob
Old 05-22-2019, 11:40 AM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Just for the hotmail issue :)

I just read another page, when I come back to hotmail it works fine.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:18 PM   #8
Registered Member

Sometimes I have the same issue with Opera on Win XP SP3 (I know, I am trying to migrate to WIN10). I also have Firefox and Ice Dragon and they always seem to show Hotmail messages fine when Opera doesn't. Sometimes Opera works fine. Interestingly, when my usual Hotmail is not showing up in Opera, an alternate Hotmail address I use works fine, even in another tab on the same browser instance. At first I thought I changed some Hotmail setting accidentally, but I had not.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:51 AM   #9
Troubled

I've noticed this issue on Windows XP but never on Windows 8.1 or 10.
Old 08-20-2019, 03:48 PM   #10
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Quote:
I've noticed this issue on Windows XP but never on Windows 8.1 or 10
Mainly because Microsoft stop supporting XP several years ago. Just about all browsers, including Firefox, Chrome and Opera do not support XP.
You can run XP all you like, you just can't use it online anymore. The same thing is going to happen to Windows 7 come January.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:56 AM   #11
Troubled

The same problem for me :(
Old 11-07-2019, 07:06 PM   #12
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Quote:
Just about all browsers, including Firefox, Chrome and Opera do not support XP
ploist125 if running XP, most online programs no longer work because there is no browsers left that support XP.