Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Help. Computer won't boot past blue windows screen.

This is a discussion on Help. Computer won't boot past blue windows screen. within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My computer got shut down during the loading part of a system restore. It will start loading but can't get

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

My computer got shut down during the loading part of a system restore. It will start loading but can't get to the desktop. Tried all commands on boot screen. Still will not go pass blue windows screen, mouse is still on screen and can e moved around. I have the CDs that came with put both home edition and xp pro. in hopes of repairing windows, but still nothing same blue screen with windows logo. Please help, on my phone doing this now, really aggravating. TY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2011, 11:53 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Boot off of the XP CD and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:56 AM   #3
Registered Member

I've put the CD in and push F12 and it choose C: drove and still won't do anything but blue windows load screen. When I do F12 and cdrom drive I get (strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility).. What's next step??? Help
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WindowsDiagnostic please help remove
My computer just got the WindowsDiagnostic virus. From what I have read online you have to end the process. How do I do this though? When I push cntrl, alt, delete I dont have the task manager option for some reason. Also, none of my files are showing up either. Can someone please help?
ljastangs21 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 68 03-24-2011 06:39 PM
New browser tabs opening and directing to attack sites.
Hi there, I'm not sure how I did this, but I've infected my computer with trojans / malware. I ran updated and ran both AVG and then Malwarebytes and they each found and succesfully cleaned some trojan infections. But they didn't fix everything. When I google something and click on a link, I...
malleusmalefic Inactive Malware Help Topics 10 03-19-2011 04:38 AM
[SOLVED] Virus Removal
On my other computer with the virus, it says "svchost.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created" Also, I cannot use the internet other than to search Google. DDS (Ver_10-12-12.02) - NTFSx86 Run by user at...
Activeradio Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 1 02-19-2011 06:38 AM
Fooled by telephone trick - please help
I was fooled by someone calling me who pretended to be from Microsoft. :upset: Allowed him to remote control the PC, and he planted some trojan(s). :sigh: I did a System Restore to before the attack, ran virus checker, and spyware checker to clear what I could. :1angel: I would really...
dfreer Resolved HJT Threads 11 02-05-2011 06:06 PM
Generic Host Process For Win32 popups.....
Hello, I am getting the following 3 problems: 1. msg popup: Generic Host Process For Win32 Services Encountered A Problem and needs to close. 2. random pop up ads I've never seen before 3. the appearance on my windows XP will change from the typical blue w green start button look, to an...
woodstiff Resolved HJT Threads 17 01-25-2011 05:10 PM