Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

graphics card issue

This is a discussion on graphics card issue within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi im having graphics card issues i purchased a nividia 630 2 days ago and since then ive had a

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 12:22 PM   #1
Registered Member

hi im having graphics card issues i purchased a nividia 630 2 days ago and since then ive had a nightmare ive tried absolutely everything i can to try and get this to work but it keeps freezing my pc on the loading windows screen ive spoken to nividia and my pc supplier and they all say that it should work please help i have also changed my psu from 350 to 600 watts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 01:31 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

With the card installed are you able to access safe mode? If it locks up in safe mode I would return the card. Does your motherboard have onboard video and have you disabled it?

If you have another PC you can test with you can try the card in that machine.

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:14 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

What is the make and model# of your computer/motherboard?
Remove the card. With the new PSU, does the computer still lock up without the video card? If so, then it is not the video card.
As JMPC suggested, with the video card installed, boot into Setup (Bios) go to Integrated Peripherals. Make sure the onboard video is disabled. It should do this automatically when a video card is inserted. If this still fails, return the card. If the new card fails, try updating the Bios.
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2014, 03:37 AM   #4
Registered Member

Hi thanks for the reply no it doesnt lock up when the card is out ive have the card tested it works fine and ive updated bios but still locks up so ill see if the onboard one is disabled
Old 01-26-2014, 08:34 AM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Then it could be the PSU. Try another PSU if possible that has more wattage output. With the other psu everything is ok then that confirms the psu problem. As the Nivida tech guy said the card requires a 300watt PSU (minimum) you have a 350 watt psu. To be safe it is always recommended to have more than you need because of other hardware you have installed as well.

GeForce GT 630 | Specifications | GeForce

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Old 01-26-2014, 10:51 AM   #6
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Make and model of new psu?

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Closed Thread