Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

get bsod installing multimedia audio controller drivers

This is a discussion on get bsod installing multimedia audio controller drivers within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently re-formatted my wifes computer which is a Dell Optiplex GX 520 3 gig cpu 1gig of ram, onboard

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 11:33 AM   #1
Registered Member

I recently re-formatted my wifes computer which is a Dell Optiplex GX 520 3 gig cpu 1gig of ram, onboard video, sound and nic. I installed multimedia audio controller realtek ac 97 it was 95% installed and got bsod.

I went into device manager looked into properties for audio controller, said your device may not be configured properly, and also said it was not digitally signed. tried to re-install again, same result, so I finally uninstalled it.Would appreciate any suggestions you may have to resolve problem.

Thank you,
kcbc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2017, 05:45 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

You should only download your drivers from the Dell Drives site for your model. The Realtek driver is not the Audio driver for your model #computer.
Go to the Device Manager, any devices with yellow flags need to have drivers installed.
Go to the Dell site and type in your Service Tag# or find your make and model# or use this link: Support for OptiPlex GX520 | Dell US Download the Chipset driver and install this first. Then download and install the Audio driver for your model# and any other drivers you need from the Device Manager.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:45 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi Spunk.Funck Thank you for the link, got the drivers I needed and have lots of sound now
kcbc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2017, 12:33 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Excellent! Please mark this thread Solved in the Thread Tools at the top.
Attached Images

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows 7 hangs just after startup each time
Just after startup, I can see the desktop, all icons, the system tray, etc., but if I click anything, it immediately hangs. I am eventually given an error from the bottom left corner of the screen stating that "Microsoft Windows" is not responding. I can wait and the application may respond or I...
slhaas BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 3 08-03-2011 04:49 AM
Windows 7 freezes at startup (HiJack This Log)
Out of the blue my Windows 7 x64 laptop started having problems. Every time I boot it will get to the desktop and LOOK fine, but if I try to open anything it is completely unresponsive. Eventually it will notify me that Windows is not responding and offer to restart or wait. If I restart the...
slhaas Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 3 08-01-2011 12:29 PM
Computer randomly crashes
My laptop randomly crashes anywhere from 20-30minutes after it is switched on! My DxDiag is as follows: ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 5/23/2011, 19:24:55 Machine name: LINUS-PC Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build...
MooseNoose BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 3 06-01-2011 07:59 AM
Startup time from 75 seconds to 165 seconds. What is wrong?
Hello forum. I have a month-old Dell Inspiron N7010 Core i5 460M with 6 gigs of ram running on Windows 7. Until recently, it has been starting up in about 75 seconds. However, out of nowhere, it suddenly began starting up in between 2 and a half minutes to 3 minutes. I am completely baffled,...
SimTmiCro Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 6 05-10-2011 09:01 AM
Vista to XP Downgrade Compaq/ HP F700/G6000/DV6900/DV6700/DVx7xx/DV9800 Series Laptop
GUIDELINES Please read the following:. I have compiled a list of drivers for the Compaq Presario/HP F700/G6000,DV6900/DV6700/x7xx and DV9800 series laptops with an AMD Processor ONLY. These drivers have been used "Successfully" to downgrade these laptops from Vista to XP. I must warn you....
BCCOMP Laptop Support 3 11-04-2008 07:58 PM