Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

gateway md2614u to XP

This is a discussion on gateway md2614u to XP within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I want to install XP on a gateway md2614u laptop. It currently has a corrupted version of Windows 7. There

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 06:38 AM   #1
Registered Member

I want to install XP on a gateway md2614u laptop. It currently has a corrupted version of Windows 7. There is no internet available and the Windows 7 disc does not exist. I have XP Pro on a bootable disc. If I do a full format and install XP will all of the drivers work? As I said there is absolutely no connection to the internet so I couldn't even use another machine to download drivers etc.

thanks in advance for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2016, 07:38 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi, and welcome to TSF. You will need to check the Gateway support pages for your model to see if xp drivers are available to down load to either a usb thumb drive or to burn to a disc, you will also need a retail version of xp with an available license, the number you have gives no results on the Gateway support pages, this page has a link on how to find the serial number Drivers & Downloads

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:10 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

How are you posting this message if there is no internet?
If you go to the Gateway Drivers page and type in the first part of your model # MD26 you will see there are no drivers for XP, Gateway only supports Vista and Windows 7.
You can download Windows 10 ISO and use your Windows 7 Key to upgrade. Burn the image to a DVD or USB Flash drive using the Microsoft tool. Most of the drivers should be included in the OS.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Repost Per: CatByte Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD problem
Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD problem Hello, I hope I'm at the right area for help. This pc I'm on was infected with Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD. I was able to get to the net somehow and I installed and ran Malwarebytes and got rid of SmartHDD. Then I ran Windows Defender and it found...
mg67 Resolved HJT Threads 23 07-30-2012 06:24 AM
Slow Computer - Cannot find a problem.
Hey guys, My computer has been running slow for quite a while now, and I can't find a reason at all. I cleaned the inside of my tower and went through most of the cleaning steps you all recommend in that post except for the one step that required me to have a Xp Sp3 startup disk. Like I said I...
cschluter Resolved HJT Threads 13 04-16-2012 03:21 AM
Rootkit TR/Sirefef.BP.1 and Rootkit.Gen2
Hi Everybody, I have this issue with my computer: Rootkit TR/Sirefef.BP.1 and Rootkit.Gen2 have been detected by Antivir and, though removed, reappear at the PC reboot. Avira RealTime Protection keeps sending alerts, detecting unspecified viruses with access denied. Several of the directories...
beppe1968 Resolved HJT Threads 81 03-15-2012 11:19 AM
Slow browsing
I've had somewhat slow browsing as of late. Here are my logs: . DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSx86 Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_22 Run by marvin glick at 2:44:06 on 2011-11-02 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.1982.1173 . AV:...
sailor86 Inactive Malware Help Topics 0 11-02-2011 12:53 AM