Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

games crash since got new graphics card. plz help!!

This is a discussion on games crash since got new graphics card. plz help!! within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently replaced my old Radeon 9200SE for a Nvidia GeForce 6200 to allow me to play higher spec games.

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 12:36 PM   #1

I recently replaced my old Radeon 9200SE for a Nvidia GeForce 6200 to allow me to play higher spec games. However any game i play after a bit crashes and a windows error report message comes up.
I have windows XP SP2, 768 RAM, Intel Celeron 2.80Ghz, 350W power supply. Need anything else plz ask
thxs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2008, 01:02 PM   #2
Registered Member

OS: Windows 7 x86 & x64, Windows XP SP3, Windows Server 2003, Mac OSX 10.6.3

My System

First, if you haven't done so yet, uninstall any ATi drivers that may exist. After that is complete, you will be prompted to restart your computer. Do that. Next, go to the Nvidia website (www.nvidia.com) and search under download drivers and locate the right driver for your device. Since you may have troubles doing this, the link for your specific video card is below.

https://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_175.16_whql.html

If you have any other questions, as in if this potential solution doesn't work and you are stuck, reply and I will check back as soon as possible.

Cheers, Homer99
Old 07-29-2008, 01:03 AM   #3
Registered Member

OS: Windows 7 x86 & x64, Windows XP SP3, Windows Server 2003, Mac OSX 10.6.3

My System

Also, please post the exact words in your BSOD so we can narrow down the problem. Sorry again for totally forgetting about this post :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2008, 01:17 AM   #4
Registered Member

I also have a strange feeling a 350 Watt PSU isn't going to be enough to power the card properly. But I could be wrong.

Keep in mind that the 6200 is very much a "budget" card...so if it's your desire to play "higher spec games", you might not quite get the performance you are hoping for. The Celeron is also not a good CPU for gaming, generally speaking.

In addition to Homer99's suggestion, I'd visit Microsoft's Direct X website and download the latest version if you haven't already.
Closed Thread