Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

format hard drive with no monitor

This is a discussion on format hard drive with no monitor within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Is there anyway to format a hard drive with no monitor?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By spunk.funk
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 09:21 AM   #1
Registered Member

EEK!

Is there anyway to format a hard drive with no monitor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2019, 09:26 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Unless someone has an idea, I'd say no.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:52 AM   #3
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Is this the primary drive ? If so, not really, you can write some sort of batch file to a bootable cmd floppy with a script to completed all the commands.

Assuming you boot the flash drive correctly, it will come up at the C:> prompt, you need to type the name of your script and hit enter assuming your arguments are programmed into the batch and it should work... Since you will be blind, you might have to "visualize" the steps that you will be performing..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2019, 10:11 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

You can take the hard drive out of the computer without the monitor and attach it to a desktop computer internally or using a USB Adapter, Dock or Enclosure and format it that way.
VividProfessional likes this.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trouble Getting ISO To Thumb Drive
Acer Aspire M1641 Vista Premium SP2 32 bit I have been trying to put Windows10_TechnicalPreview_x32_EN-US_9926.iso on a thumb drive, using the latest version of Rufus. I got an error message while using two perfectly good drives. After getting the error message when trying with a third drive,...
likekinds Removable Media Drives 79 02-19-2015 03:05 PM
External HD with irreplaceable urgent data shows files/folders but all are now empty
First of all, I have a desktop PC running Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit. Second of all, I apologize for the length of this post but I wanted to include all relevant information and history of the drive in case some piece of that info happened to be key in solving this issue. Now for...
Urgent Recovery Hard Drive Support 6 08-07-2014 12:54 PM
Troublehsooting old HDs
Hi. I have two separate cases I will bring forth in this thread. I was doing some maintenance and stumbled upon two old internal hard drive disks that were not being used. I wanted to try and see if I can atleast get them to be detected by my desktop in order to possibly retrieve any files that...
Solidify Hard Drive Support 15 03-03-2013 06:38 PM
Hard drive Failure & Error prevention
These tips will help prevent Hard Drive errors and failures. 1. Purchase a high end power surge protector which has a high joule rating of about 1200 or higher. A garden variety power bar is not a surge protector. A surge protector will say surge protector with a joule rating. Also the newer...
JackBauer_24 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 0 04-02-2012 07:46 AM