Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Forced to use Windows XP past April? 10 ways to make the best of a bad situation

This is a discussion on Forced to use Windows XP past April? 10 ways to make the best of a bad situation within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've been pressing my day to day clients, as well as informed readers here on BetaNews, on the case for

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 08:36 PM   #1
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Support Visiting Expert
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Quote:
I've been pressing my day to day clients, as well as informed readers here on BetaNews, on the case for ditching Windows XP altogether. I'm guessing by now that chances are, if you're still running XP at this point, you're probably going to stick it out on the platform for the indefinite short term. I've already written about the best ways to safely migrate off XP without losing functionality in the workplace, but if you absolutely have no choice but to keep riding the sinking ship for now, here's hoping at least you are going to be smart about how you do so.
Forced to use Windows XP past April? 10 ways to make the best of a bad situation

MVP January 2013 to end December 2016
Microsoft Community Contributor
Windows Insider MVP July 2016 to end June 2017

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2014, 02:20 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

Can we please just stop all of the madness!! The sky is not falling, the ship is not sinking etc etc! XP will be no less secure Next month then it was a month ago. It has been less secure for a long time. Windows 7 and 8 are far more secure. But XP Will not stop working!! As long as you don't do online shopping, banking or financial programs, it will work for decades to come.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ESET threats
In earlier message, and in continuation of another thread on another conmuter I started a thread stating that having tried ESET it had found a number of threats which i will mention at the end. meanwhile I ran DDS abnd will add the the logs. Gmer found rootkit activity but when I ran the scan on...
qimqim Inactive Malware Help Topics 13 12-13-2013 08:22 PM
Computer runing to slow.
My comp HP Pavilion a1 123c opens any application or software slowly and internet sites also slow. OS X pro service pack3. System32. Total Physical Memory 1024 Mb. Available Ph. Mem.50.05Mb Total Virtual Mem. 2.00GB. Available Virtual Mem. 1.96Gb. I used AVG, Super antivirus free edition,...
Val852 Resolved HJT Threads 3 07-22-2013 08:35 PM
DDS Report. How Long?
Following advise from a forum mod i am following the steps to run the DDS & GMER reports so i can post them with details of my system problems. I have ran the GMER report with no issues but when i ran the DDS yesterday it ran for over 5 hours without producing anything? It was also at this...
cDubya Resolved HJT Threads 44 08-28-2012 07:27 AM
Slow Computer - Cannot find a problem.
Hey guys, My computer has been running slow for quite a while now, and I can't find a reason at all. I cleaned the inside of my tower and went through most of the cleaning steps you all recommend in that post except for the one step that required me to have a Xp Sp3 startup disk. Like I said I...
cschluter Resolved HJT Threads 13 04-16-2012 04:21 AM
Some kind of redirect on computer (Monster Marketplace)
I don't know how this happened, but something has gotten into my computer that constantly redirects anything I click on. If I enter a search in the box, that does OK, but whenever I click on anything, there's a high likelihood that what I've clicked on won't come up - quite often, Monster...
Calgirl Resolved HJT Threads 198 05-23-2011 07:01 AM