Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Folders in C:\Documents and Settings

This is a discussion on Folders in C:\Documents and Settings within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi My PC used to show three folders in C:>Documents and Settings - Administrator, All Users and Owner. Recently, I

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 05:43 AM   #1
I helped the forums.

My System

Hi

My PC used to show three folders in C:>Documents and Settings - Administrator, All Users and Owner. Recently, I installed and used a trial programme that caused my Desktop settings to completely change.

The easiest solution to rectify the problem was to use the System Restore facility in Windows XP Home Edition, which I did, and which successfully restored my PC to its previous state. After doing so, however, I noticed that an additional folder appeared in C:>Documents and Settings called Owner.ERIC containing a number of folders. I did change my Logon from "Eric" and old password to "Owner" and a new password.

Can anyone explain what this additional folder is and is this normal when System Restore is used?
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2006, 06:00 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

The trial program wouldn't happen to be called aston shell would it? Or something similar.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:16 AM   #3
I helped the forums.

My System

Hi

No, it was Diskeeper Home Edition. Diskeeper did not work well with my system and despite trialling the Pro version and a great deal of help from their technical services I eventually abandoned it.
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2006, 03:06 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

I think you have answered the question yourself really, it is there as the result of adding a username and password. I would just ignore it.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:12 AM   #5
I helped the forums.

My System

Hi

I have since deleted this entry after checking that it contained no files or folders that I needed. It hasn't affected the functioning of my PC in any way by doing this.