Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

folder trouble

818 views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  Geekgirl 
#1 ·
I can't right click on any folders on any HDs or flash drives on my computer. I get the hourglass and then nothing. I can open a folder (left click) and work on files but no right click. I can't copy or delete folders either. I can click and drag folders from one location to another. I had some virus problems but they were cleaned and Malware's anitmalware, avira, and spyware doc all say I'm now clean.

Running xp with sp3 on a Dell desktop.

Any help appreciated.

#2 ·
Welcome to TSF

Try to Restore the Right Click

To use the Regedits:
Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

To use the VBS Files:
Download .vbs file and save it to your hard drive (you may want to right click and use Save Target As). Double
click the vbs file. You will be prompted when the script is done.

NOTE: If your anti-virus software warns you of a "malicious" script, this is normal if you have "Script Safe" or similar technology enabled. These scripts are not malicious, but they do make changes to the System Registry.

Disclaimer: These registry edits and script files are presented "as is". Every effort has been made to ensure the files work as stated. I assume no responsibility for your use of these files.

#6 ·
Your system files could be corrupt

Run the System File Checker

Go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow ( sfc if not reconized) (Note that there is a space between sfc and /scannow)

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem.

In all likelihood you will be prompted to insert the Windows XP CD.

#10 ·
The security team can help you with this. You are probably still infected. We cannot assist you with this issue here in the Microsoft Support Forum.

Look over these http://www.techsupportforum.com/sec...read-before-posting-malware-removal-help.html
If you cannot complete any of the steps for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed, and post your logs in Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help; where an Analyst will assist you. However, it is very important to make mention of any of the steps that you were not able to complete.

After you’ve posted your logs, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are very busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.