Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

firewall issues

This is a discussion on firewall issues within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm getting the "Firewall settings for the HTTP port(80), HTTPS port(443), and FTP port(21)" when running the "Diagnose Connection Problems".

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 08:53 AM   #1
Registered Member

I'm getting the "Firewall settings for the HTTP port(80), HTTPS port(443), and FTP port(21)" when running the "Diagnose Connection Problems".

I've reviewed other answers to this problem in this forum and tried a few of them to resolve my issue with no luck.

What I've tried:

Control Panel-Internet Options-Connections-LAN Settings-Unlock Proxy Server

Cmd: Netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Cmd: Netsh winsock reset catalog

None of these have cured my problem.

Please help me resolve this issue, I had to reshedule a software update for a program I am running in my business due to no internet connection this morning.

All other computers are connecting just fine. Just not the one I have this program on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2016, 01:09 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Are you or your company using a Proxy Server?
Do you log onto your companies Domain, or is the network Peer to Peer?
Does your computer use a Firewall at their internet connection?
What security/Anti-Virus software are you running?
What does it say about the Firewall settings?
Ports 80, 443, and 21 should be open and not blocked by your firewall. Port 80 being all internet traffic.
Try turning off the Windows Firewall, then look at the rules for blocked ports, and un-block any of the above ports.
https://www.manageengine.com/product..._firewall.html

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search