Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Firefox crashes before loading

This is a discussion on Firefox crashes before loading within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I looked and couldn't find any on going or previous threads about my specific problem so if there is please

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 03:15 PM   #1
CET

My System

I looked and couldn't find any on going or previous threads about my specific problem so if there is please excuse me.
I am running WinXp Pro with Firefox 37, it has ran fine without problems really until now. Started Firefox and before it even opened I get a crash report that gives me the option to restart it or quit. No matter how many times I try to restart, even in safe mode it does the same thing, crashes before opening. So, I uninstalled it and removed all traces of it in my Reg and did a search for any remaining bits and deleted them. Even download Revo and it shows no signs of Firefox/Mozilla anywhere. Still had the origal install file so I reinstalled, did the same thing. Download a new version, did the same thing. So then I downloaded Opera and I'm using Internet Exploder 8 all this time which won't connect to certain sites I reckon because it's no longer supported. But, anyway I download Opera for win xp several times with the same result, it wouldn't load/install. And yes I turned off my Norton antivirus to install. So All I have is IE 8 and it's as worthless as you know what. Anyone have any ideas?
Oh! and I did a virus scan and a Malwarebytes scan with no results. Something doesn't want me online.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2016, 03:33 PM   #2
Networking Team |Tech

Hi there,

It could be that Windows XP is no longer supported but try this, download/install "Google Chrome" and see if the same issue happens.

By any chance, do you have another computer at your place running Windows XP? If so, install Mozilla Firefox on that computer and if assuming everything works fine on that computer, then the issue relies on that specific computer you're using.

Old 09-13-2016, 03:39 PM   #3
CET

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Hi there,

It could be that Windows XP is no longer supported but try this, download/install "Google Chrome" and see if the same issue happens.

By any chance, do you have another computer at your place running Windows XP? If so, install Mozilla Firefox on that computer and if assuming everything works fine on that computer, then the issue relies on that specific computer you're using.
Chrome huh, ah gees! I've not heard good things about it. I reckon it can't hurt. And no other machines with xp. This my main PC except for my laptop running 8.1.
I'll give it a try and report back later, it's supper time here now so........
But, thank you sir. Lets cross our fingers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2016, 03:53 PM   #4
Networking Team |Tech

Hi there,

Chrome is awesome, I am using it right now and don't have issues with it. I also used Firefox in the past and had great experience with it. Let me know how Chrome goes.

Old 09-13-2016, 04:39 PM   #5
CET

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Hi there,

Chrome is awesome, I am using it right now and don't have issues with it. I also used Firefox in the past and had great experience with it. Let me know how Chrome goes.
Well I'll be a dern monkies uncle....it works, but why?
Is it just the unsupported thing with XP?
Oh, and thank you, I would have never tried Chrome from all the bad rep I've heard.
Closed Thread