Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Firefox Browser not working

This is a discussion on Firefox Browser not working within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm running Win XP on Lenovo PC and i am having problems opening Firefox browser,it doesn't always open and when

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 08:10 AM   #1
Registered Member

I'm running Win XP on Lenovo PC and i am having problems opening Firefox browser,it doesn't always open and when it does it works fine and then i go to a site like Youtube and it freezes and i am forced to close it.Then when i try reopening it,nothing.I therefore need to reboot and then it opens again.
This circular opening of browser &closing continues. I did a netsh winsock reset and that seemed to help but not today.I use MBAM Premium and it found no Malware.I don't know if my HD is starting to go or whether support for Win XP using Firefox is probably the reason.
Can someone help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2017, 01:25 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

As you know, Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft and the latest version of Firefox.
First try Refreshing Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...s-and-settings
If that fails, then try Uninstalling it, and Reinstalling it. If that fails, try the Pale Moon Browser https://www.palemoon.org/palemoon-win32.shtml
Old 10-16-2017, 07:37 AM   #3
Registered Member

Spunk,
Yes i'm aware and upgrading in next month or two with new 4-core machine.
I've had my fill of Win XP(although it was great OS and very stable) Time to move on.
Seems to be working ok now.
The Pale Moon browser looks good but it states minimum requiremnets are Win 7; it won't work on WinXP according to what it states on that link you sent.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ad Blockers not working in Firefox, Ubuntu
I was watching old series and episodes on a site in Firefox and it was infested with pop up hidden click ads. When I started playing the episodes, random windows opened itself in background. But didn't load. I thought Ghostery and adblock killed the pop ups anyways. So after watching the episodes,...
Gdn8Melbourne Linux Support 3 01-27-2016 03:00 PM
Is no browser safe? Security bods poke holes in Chrome, Safari, IE, Firefox...
Is no browser safe? Security bods poke holes in Chrome, Safari, IE, Firefox and earn $1m Is no browser safe? Security bods poke holes in Chrome, Safari, IE, Firefox and earn $1m • The Register
JMH3143 Computer Security News 1 03-16-2014 07:58 PM
Flash Player not Working in Firefox
Having a really strange time in Firefox... So about two weeks ago, flash just suddenly stopped working. My first instinct was to just update the thing - After all, it requires updates every few seconds right now. It downloaded just fine but then crashed when I tried to install it... Strange....
SLagona Mozilla/Firefox Browsers 5 11-23-2012 02:19 AM
System Restore Wont Work / Browser not working
Hello. My computer has acted really weird lately. Ever since I was on youtube and clicked a video, (Not sure which video now. I was opening multiple pages.) my computer was attacked by viruses. Avira "Supposedly" removed them, but after this, Firefox would show up saying that it cannot display...
Jgillis283 Inactive Malware Help Topics 1 11-25-2011 02:13 PM
Browser problem (firefox, Chrome, IE)
Hi All, it's my first post here and I'm hoping that someone can help. For some reason if I type 'firefox d' into google, wanting to type 'firefox download' my browser will crash. Firefox crashes and wants to submit a report. Chrome comes up with an "aw snap" error, IE locks up and eventually...
radio1979 Windows XP Support 15 10-29-2011 01:10 PM