Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Feeds Failure Message

This is a discussion on Feeds Failure Message within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am receiving a message that Microsoft Feeds Sync. has failed and must close. This appears quite often and is

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 01:00 PM   #1
Registered Member

I am receiving a message that Microsoft Feeds Sync. has failed and must close. This appears quite often and is annoying. To my knowledge I do not receive feeds and this is part of RSS?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2016, 02:37 PM   #2
Registered Member

In my 1st post, I mistakenly reported that I had XP with SP3, in rechecking I discover that I only have sp2. Where can I get SP3 as Microsoft has quit support for XP?
In that 1st post I said that "Microsoft Feeds Synchronization had encountered an error" The message actually reads "Problem" and wants me to send an error report.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:07 PM   #3
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

All updates including Service Packs are still available from MS there just will not be any new security or feature updates.

Microsoft Feeds Synchronization had encountered an error usually has to do with the current IE installation if you have IE7 or above installed try uninstalling and rerun Windows update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2016, 03:54 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

You can download the stand alone version of XP SP3: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ils.aspx?id=24

If you haven't already, you can download the stand alone IE8 32 bit version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...8-details.aspx
It says it is for server 2008 and Vista, because XP is no longer supported.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:57 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

This should help:
https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...or-558673.html
Old 01-23-2016, 10:52 AM   #6
Registered Member

[SOLVED] Boot problem repair caused SP3 to be removed and after downloading and installing SP3 (from MS) all is fine now.
Thanks to all who submitted on my behalf.
Closed Thread