Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

extra monitor

This is a discussion on extra monitor within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I own an acer travel mate 4600 which has an s-video outlet that i used to connect to my normal

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 01:48 PM   #1
Registered Member

I own an acer travel mate 4600 which has an s-video outlet that i used to connect to my normal television, one day i accidently pulled out the wire from the laptop and now i cant get it too work at all anymore. when changin the display from my laptop too the tv i would normally right click on desktop go to graphics options, then output too, before if the wire was not connected this 'output too' option didnt appear, but since i pulled out the wire it is always there. when i do connect the s-video cable and plug it into my tv then try to make the display appear it will not work at, i have the option too clone display ect, but none of them seem too work. it is too late for a system restore and the problem isnt with the wire as it works on my friends computer, if i connect a pc monitor too the laptop i can use it with no problems, the only problem occurs with the s-video cable, for some reason it is recogniseing a tv connected when there is nothing there?!?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread