Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Explorwer, Firefox, Word 2003, OutLook Express need to close down

This is a discussion on Explorwer, Firefox, Word 2003, OutLook Express need to close down within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I run Windows Xp Proffesional 5.1 built 2600 service pack 3 System model AWRDACPI, Bios Award Modular bios v6.00PG, Processor:

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:32 PM   #1

I run Windows Xp Proffesional 5.1 built 2600 service pack 3 System model AWRDACPI, Bios Award Modular bios v6.00PG, Processor: Pentium 4CPu 3.2 GHZ(1CPU)
Memery 2048 RAM, page file 361MB used 3582MB available, Office 2003.
Have seriousproblem with system closing down, Ran Ad-Ware no bugs or problems.
To overcome the problem had both HD cleaned and reinstalled XP. Office 2003, etc.
Problem still exist. Ran Microsoft Mr Fixit no result, Can any one help with a fix??
Drep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2010, 01:15 AM   #2
Registered Member

Please be more specific - is the machine automatically shutting down, or just losing power?

Is it throwing up a blue screen before shutting down?

If it is shutting down the same after a full clean rebuild then its unlikely to be software - it could even be that the power button on your computer is sticky, and is triggering a shut down.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:24 PM   #3

Hi
A message comes that Firefox etc needs to close down, sometimes but not very often the whole PC shuts down. No blue screen comes up. It could be a power problem, I just do not know. I do run a power hungry Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.2GHZ processor. I can hear the fan speed up when it gets hot.
I have seen a lot of complains about poeple using Office /Word 2003 I do have problems with WORD 2003 it constantly wants to save the file I am working on, stops than recovers the text file.
Could that be part of the problem? Would upgrading to Office 2007 help and fix the shut down problem?
Drep
Closed Thread