Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

"ERROR CAUSED BY A DEVICE DRIVER" -help!

This is a discussion on "ERROR CAUSED BY A DEVICE DRIVER" -help! within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi there is something seriously wrong with my PC.... when i go into a game, as soon as the game

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 02:45 AM   #1

Hi there is something seriously wrong with my PC.... when i go into a game, as soon as the game is loading a level (after the menus), the computer crashes to desktop. The last time this happened the computer restarted itself 3 times and the windows error reporting said its been caused by a device driver, but all my drivers should be fine. Ive tried the real and Omega drivers for my radeon 9800 pro, and everything else is just standard stuff from the manufacturers websites... the games ive tried are rome: total war and HL2...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2005, 09:26 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

Hello There,

Have you gone into the Device Manager and looked to see if there are any yellow or red marks by any of your devices that might indicate an error in the device driver?????

My expeience with Omega drivers is that they should not cause any trouble and in fact are usually more stable than the Standard drivers. Just my experience, some others on here may have had a different experience so we will wait to hear from them.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:04 AM   #3

yes i have checked and the drivers are all supposedly fine...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2005, 12:11 PM   #4

I also have been having the same problem for about 6-7 months and it's been driving me crazy....and I'ma PC tech for a living...

I also have an ATI Radeon 9800 with a similar config as you....but I think I may have found a fix...

Update your Chipset drivers:

First:
Indentify your chipset by dowloading and running the utlity found here

https://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...D=861&lang=eng

Second:

Update your chipset drivers by downloading the proper ones found here
https://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...D=816&lang=eng

I hope this helps...
Closed Thread