Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Emergency Boot Disks

This is a discussion on Emergency Boot Disks within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi everyone, I don't want to be creating a repeat discussion but I have checked out the links including bootdisk.com

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi everyone, I don't want to be creating a repeat discussion but I have checked out the links including bootdisk.com and the disks you create there are only for floppy disks. I just would like to know, does anyone know how you can create emergency boot disks for free in xp, vista and windows 7? Thanks. Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2011, 09:39 AM   #2
Enthusiast

Windows XP Emergency Boot CD: AnswersThatWork's Free Bootdisk, Boot CD, ISO, XP Boot Disk, Win98 Boot Disk, Win98SE, XP Boot CD Image, Startup, Files, Downloads

Windows Vista Emergency Boot CD: Windows Vista Recovery Disc Download — The NeoSmart Files

Windows 7: No download required as a bootable System Repair Disc can be created from within Windows 7 (Control Panel >> Backup and Restore >> Create System Repair Disc)
Old 04-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip22 View Post
Windows XP Emergency Boot CD: AnswersThatWork's Free Bootdisk, Boot CD, ISO, XP Boot Disk, Win98 Boot Disk, Win98SE, XP Boot CD Image, Startup, Files, Downloads

Windows Vista Emergency Boot CD: Windows Vista Recovery Disc Download — The NeoSmart Files

Windows 7: No download required as a bootable System Repair Disc can be created from within Windows 7 (Control Panel >> Backup and Restore >> Create System Repair Disc)

Hello pip, that's terrific, a lot of extensive information, many thanks for that. Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
Registered Member

The XP boot disk says for XP with SP 2. Will a computer with SP 3 throw a monkey wrench into it?
Old 04-06-2011, 12:32 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddle faddle View Post
The XP boot disk says for XP with SP 2. Will a computer with SP 3 throw a monkey wrench into it?

Hi Fiddle, I'm not sure about this, but others can correct me if I'm wrong. I'm thinking that if you have a system with xp service pack 3 then the disk would be useful in getting your xp working again and then it's just a case of getting the service pack update once again from Microsoft updates. Andrew
Old 04-06-2011, 12:48 AM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

If you do a Repair Install from that disc you would have to reinstall SP3. If you just use it to get to the Recovery Console, to type chkdsk /R there would be no problems.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:18 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk.funk View Post
If you do a Repair Install from that disc you would have to reinstall SP3. If you just use it to get to the Recovery Console, to type chkdsk /R there would be no problems.

Hi, many thanks for that info. Andrew
Old 04-06-2011, 05:55 AM   #8
Registered Member

Thanks guys for clearing that up.
Closed Thread