Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Downloading updates O%

This is a discussion on Downloading updates O% within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My dowloading updates icon has been in my system tray for quite a while but never shows any progress. It

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 03:44 PM   #1

My dowloading updates icon has been in my system tray for quite a while but never shows any progress. It continues to show 0%.

I read elsewhere in this forum that it may be a firewall setting but I have received other XP updates successfully with no change to the firewall.

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2007, 07:46 AM   #2
TSF Emeritus

Hello and welcome to TSF

Alot of the time it is allot slower to downland the updates using the Windows Automatic updates. Click on the link below, and try doing the updates form the Microsoft website.

https://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Also what firewall are you running?
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My laptop cannot get Microsoft Updates and I couldn't install most of the free scans
The only scans that would work were trend micro. CW shredder found nothing, but the scan did find WinAd 1, but said it could not remove it. About two weeks ago I started getting pop-up ads like crazy. I couldn't stand being online, it was so annoying! I downloaded Registry Mechanic and it...
miracleshaman Resolved HJT Threads 37 12-21-2006 09:41 PM
Microsoft Security Updates planned for December
On 12 December 2006 Microsoft is planning to release: Security Updates . Five Microsoft Security Bulletins affecting Microsoft Windows. The highest Maximum Severity rating for these is Critical. These updates will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer and the...
Zazula Computer Security News 1 12-12-2006 05:36 PM
window xp updates
i signed on to my computer, when i had the yellow shield icon on bottom right. Well somethin happened(comp. froze) and it never installed. So i clicked on my express updates, which was Windows Internet Explorer 7.0 for Windows XP i let it go as do all express and then again system froze, i tried...
grassi Windows XP Support 10 11-12-2006 03:53 AM
XP Home Edition updates
I have an oem version of windows xp home edition with service pack 2, I will be buying a G 160 HDD and would like to ask how I might be able to get all windows updates since the release of service pack 2 so that I don't have to go online everytime to download and install the updates. I heard...
Acer2000 Windows XP Support 2 09-22-2006 12:05 PM
[resolved] Automatic Updates
Hello. I recently had to re-format my drive and re-install windows XP home edition. However, after the installation when i visit the Windows Update Website it hangs at the "Checking for the latest version of the Windows Update software..." page I have checked that Automatic Updates are...
MainOnion Windows XP Support 3 05-02-2005 07:08 AM