Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

downgrade frome 7 to xp(no windows.old)!plz HELP

This is a discussion on downgrade frome 7 to xp(no windows.old)!plz HELP within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. first of all my engish is so bad (sry) i am so stupid ! what i've done is that i

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 06:30 AM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

first of all my engish is so bad (sry)
i am so stupid !
what i've done is that i delet some files of my windows.old folder while i am installing my win xp(i remove the cd and i put it back because i forget to take the serial key frome it)
after i put it back windows wont work and say that some files are missing

my only solution was to install windows 7 , but i have an old pc to carry windows 7 so evry thing is so low ....
and now when i want to install xp it's keep saying that some files are missing or damaged
plz how can i downgrade frome win 7 to windows xp without the windows.old folder

(plz if you can it's will be so awsome if you use simple words-i have bad enlish-)
plz help ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	omg.png
Views:	82
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	278994  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2016, 11:46 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

You do not need the Windows.old folder which doesn't exist in Windows XP, only later versions.
What is the make and model# of your computer? First go to the manufacturers Support/Download Drivers site, and type in your make and model# and see if this model support is supported for XP drivers. If not, you may have a hard time downgrading. Be aware that Microsoft has not supported Windows XP for over a year now, and many browsers and hardware drivers are no longer supported for XP.
First clean the XP CD with a dust free cloth of all smudges and dirt, look for any scratches etc. If you no longer want Windows 7, Boot off of the XP CD, when you get to the part where it searches for Windows installations, Delete all the partitions on the drive until it is all Unallocated Space, then Create a new partition that takes up the whole drive, then Format NTFS (Quick) and install.
If it still says files are missing then the CD is bad (smudges, dirt, hairline cracks, general degradation) or your CD drive isn't reading it properly, and it needs to be replaced.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:19 PM   #3
Registered Member

plz how can i see the make and model of my cumputer

+ ty very mush for helping me,you are the man !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2016, 03:48 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Is this a desktop or a laptop?
Usually the make and model # are on the front of the computer.
If a laptop there is a model # on a sticker on the bottom of the laptop.
If you have a name brand computer (eg) Dell, HP etc, you will get a splash screen telling you what manufacturer is at bootup. Also, you can boot into Setup (Bios to see the make and model#. If this is a custom build, look on the motherboard for the model # and go to that manufacturers support/download drivers site
Or download and run speccy. If you still need help, in Speccy, go to File/Publish Snapshot and copy the link and paste it into your next post.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:48 PM   #5
Registered Member

i already have xp in my cumputer and i know a good way to download all my pilots so i don't have to worry about that ....
but i am shur that do is nothing with my CD because it was working and i didn't do any thing i just take it off out frome the player but in the part that it's ask me for my serial key whish i forget to take earlier frome the cd ...that's all .
when i want to put it back it's wont work
Old 04-24-2016, 02:04 AM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Quote:
i want to install xp it's keep saying that some files are missing or damaged....i already have xp in my cumputer....when i want to put it back (XP CD) it's wont work
If you already have XP on your computer and it is not missing any files, then what is the problem you are having?
Bootable CD's get scratched, get smudged or just wear down.
Also, various CD drives stop reading certain CD's Or they miss some of the files on the CD after a while. If you can use this same Windows CD and install it on another computer but not the troubled one, then it is probably the CD drive that is not reading the CD properly.
Try creating an ISO image of your Windows CD using IMGBurn, then burn the image to USB Flash Drive with Rufus, both available in my signature. Then boot off of the USB Flash drive to install Windows.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:41 AM   #7
Registered Member

ok ty i will try to find another pc for the test .
Closed Thread