Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Dont Have Admin Pass

This is a discussion on Dont Have Admin Pass within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i was given a computer for free, a desktop computer from a school. as a donation to my workplace and

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 03:53 PM   #1

i was given a computer for free, a desktop computer from a school. as a donation to my workplace and my boss gave it to me.

as you all know school computers have special restrictions when logged in as a student.

cant reformat, cant windows restore etc.

i cant log into admin because they never gave me the PW

is there a way i can get into admin or reformat this comp?

im stuck with these stupid restrictions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2007, 04:58 PM   #2
Manager, TSF Articles

OS: Windows 10 Professional, Windows 10 build 14361, Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1

My System

Hi there and welcome to TSF.

I'm afraid we can't help you to circumvent restrictions on a computer, as whilst your query may be genuine, we have no way of knowing. I suggest you get in touch with the school that the computer came from and get them to format it.

Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Old 06-20-2007, 08:22 PM   #3

The simplest way (especially since the school most likely had a volume license which cannot be transferred) is to buy a valid XP Home or PRO OEM kit (NewEgg.com is a safe source), boot to the CD, and wipe/reinstall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2007, 08:32 PM   #4
Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
The simplest way (especially since the school most likely had a volume license which cannot be transferred) is to buy a valid XP Home or PRO OEM kit (NewEgg.com is a safe source), boot to the CD, and wipe/reinstall.
But these computers are normally locked from the BIOS and can't boot from a CD.

So I'm not sure what to do haha.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:15 AM   #5

Last option, call the school's IT department.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatcher View Post
But these computers are normally locked from the BIOS and can't boot from a CD.

So I'm not sure what to do haha.
yes thats the problem =\.

i just tried installing my WUSB and didnt work.

and ill try to call the school
Closed Thread