Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Does anyone know of a desktop slideshow?

This is a discussion on Does anyone know of a desktop slideshow? within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I would like to download free software on my xp machine that will automatically create a slideshow out of a

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 03:06 PM   #1
Registered Member

I would like to download free software on my xp machine that will automatically create a slideshow out of a folder of images so that my desktop background continually changes. Is there such a thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2016, 03:14 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

You already have it as a part of Windows: https://www.microsoft.com/resources/....mspx?mfr=true
Old 07-29-2016, 04:48 PM   #3
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

I think poster wants desktop background not Screensaver. Like Windows 7 has.

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2016, 07:30 PM   #4
Registered Member

I want something that will randomly switch pics as opposed to me having to do it manually each time through the control panel (setting desktop background).
Old 07-29-2016, 10:09 PM   #5
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Webshots Desktop, get it from Webshots - Free Wallpaper, Desktop Wallpaper and Free Screensavers. It's been almost a decade since I last used it, but I remember it had the option to add your own collection/library of locally stored wallpapers. I have no idea what the latest free version allows, but if it doesn't do as desired, try searching for an older version.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slideshow Desktop stops working after Sleep
I have an HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC with Intel Core CPU 2.30 GHz, 8 G Ram, 64 bit OS, x64-based processor. I recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I have a 22" monitor connected to the HDMI port and use both the laptop monitor and the extra. I have noticed that the Slideshow I use for the...
orfan40 Windows 10 Support 3 12-01-2015 05:57 PM
Where is my desktop?? Im so lost
this whole Windows 10, is just confusing me. You know how on Windows 8, when you first get on to the computer, you care at the screen with the Tiles. Well On there I had a tile that said DESKTOP. I would click it, and then it would go to my desktop, just like the desktop in any other windows. Now...
RNacho Windows 10 Support 7 09-22-2015 05:46 PM
Desktop Wireless is acting really weird!
I just bought a new Linksys EA3500 router for my setup at home for our internet. Where I live, the internet comes in thru the cable to a cable modem, then to the router. There is one desktop plugged into the router by Cat5 and another in my bedroom, which uses an Asus PCI N10 wireless card. This...
Gooseling Networking Support 5 01-08-2013 07:59 PM
File Sharing problem: Win 7 SP1 - Laptop to Desktop over Wi-Fi
Quick Summary: Desktop Computer Running Windows 7 Home Edition Service Pack 1 Laptop Computer Running Windows 7 Home Edition Service Pack 1 Both using Wi-Fi Both connected to Same Wi-Fi Network Laptop Computer sees the Desktop computer in the network window, but refuses to connect....
Stumpified File and Application Sharing 12 10-26-2011 04:52 PM