Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Desperately needs help here! Please Help!

This is a discussion on Desperately needs help here! Please Help! within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey there, I've got two old computers with me right now(Bought around the year 2000). One is Acer Aspire and

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 12:47 AM   #1

Hey there,

I've got two old computers with me right now(Bought around the year 2000). One is Acer Aspire and the other is a Packard Bell. Here's what i did before the problem occurs.

My Acer Aspire: Everything working except for the CD Rom and the Hard disk. Recovery Disc still with me.

My Packard Bell: Everything is working welll but i after i successfully formatted it, i found out i lost the recovery disk and i cant seem to find the drivers in the internet. Even if there is, most of the drivers i downloaded don't seem to work.

So i decided to take the Hard disk from my packard bell and transfer it to my Acer. I also took out the DVD rom from my Packard Bell and transfered it to my acer and remove the old broken CD Rom from my Acer.

The very first time i switch on my Acer Aspire with the 'new' harddisk and DVD Rom(which was from my Packard Bell) the blue screen of death pops up saying:

"A problem has been detect and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Removed any newly installed harddrives or harddriver controllers. Check your harddrives to make sure it is properlly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK/F to check for harddrive corruption and then restart your computer.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF79F8528,OxC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)"

After i restart the computer, the same screen pops up over and over again. What should i do?

Thanks. If you think direct response is needed, you may add me and chat with me regarding this problem in MSN, [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2008, 01:28 AM   #2
Registered Member

you will have to reinstall windows again on the packard bell to stop it giving you the blue screen, which is probably being caused by the wrong motherboard drivers etc which would have been installed along with windows, whenever you installed it on your acer machine!
Old 06-25-2008, 02:41 AM   #3
Enthusiast

My System

Yeah I agree with Cook. regarding your packard bell, You could have installed something like Everest. This software reads your hardware and gives you the make and model even when drivers aren't installed so should make a driver hunt much easier. But you might as well go on using your ACER now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2008, 09:07 PM   #4

Sorry for this, i forgot to state this at the beginning.

After i plugged in my hard disk to my acer, when i transfer back my hard disk to my Packard Bell(because i wanted to format it using my Packard Bell), the monitor shows no display. Nothing shows up in the screen.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:13 PM   #5
Enthusiast

My System

You mite have forgotten to connect the ribbon cable which connects the laptop monitor to the motherboard.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:28 PM   #6

And i forgot something, i did plug that harddisk to my latest Dell PC(bought last year) and it would work too. When i plug it into my dell pc,a message appears saying something like "Please enter a proper boot diskette....*i forgot some parts* PLease enter any key to reboot" (something like that)

PLEASE PLEASE DON'T TELL ME MY HARDDISK IS 'DEAD' T.T
Old 06-25-2008, 09:36 PM   #7
Enthusiast

My System

Did you check the ribbon cable on the packard bell? No your hard drive isnt dead. You just have to set the boot order to boot from the new hard drive in the BIOS on the dell pc.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:14 AM   #8

I'll try it out soon guys. I'll tell you guys if any futher problems occur(hopeful not) and if everything is fixed. Catch ya later ;)
Old 06-28-2008, 10:58 PM   #9

Guys, i need some more time. i've been busy lately. pls come back later. thank you.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:49 PM   #10
Registered Member

You cannot move your primary hard disk with Windows installed from one computer to another and expect it to boot. You can slave it to access the data - but that's it.

In order to get that drive to load in either your Acer or Dell, you have to put it in the computer that you're keeping it in & format and install Windows from there.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:47 AM   #11

To Cetkat:

I did try to format my harddisk using my dell PC using Master. But problem as i mentioned earlier is that it says something about me didnt enter a proper boot diskette. So do you mean in order to solve this, i have to use slave instead?
Old 07-04-2008, 02:09 PM   #12
Registered Member

No, you're right about formatting it under master. I just meant that the computer won't recognize it as a bootable disk until you've wiped it and reinstalled Windows in the system you want to use it in. I didn't realize you got that error while trying to format.

Are you planning on keeping it in your Dell system now, instead of Acer?

In order to format it, you just have to put it as master, make sure it's visible in the BIOS, and run whatever formatting program you want to use on it.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:24 PM   #13

To Cetkat:

What if my hard disk is not visible in the BIOS? what could it mean?
Old 08-31-2008, 07:31 PM   #14
Registered Member

Sorry, I completely missed your post. Are you still having problems or did you get things sorted?

Not seeing the drive in the BIOS means that the computer isn't recognizing it at all and you won't be able to access it. It usually means that you just didn't hook it up right to the cables, but could also mean that the drive has failed.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:47 AM   #15

Thanks cetkat for your concern .but i've solved the problem. i brought it to the nearest computer shop for repair.. thanks anyways
Old 09-09-2008, 07:31 PM   #16
Enthusiast

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtz3 View Post
Thanks cetkat for your concern .but i've solved the problem. i brought it to the nearest computer shop for repair.. thanks anyways
ROFLMAO
Closed Thread