Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

d link dwa 131 usb wifi adapter problem

This is a discussion on d link dwa 131 usb wifi adapter problem within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I purchased a d link dwa 131 wifi usb adapter on 23-02-2012. I installed it on my desktop . My

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

I purchased a d link dwa 131 wifi usb adapter on 23-02-2012. I installed it on my desktop . My desktop is running on windows xp. I have dsl router. My ISP is BSNL. After installation it shows the wifi modem but do not connect with it. What will I do ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Articles Team
Alternative Computing

My System

Hi,

Have set up the wirless settings of your router with your wifi adapter i.e wireless encryption password?

Steve

Registered Linux User #556090
Old 02-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

Closed Thread