Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Constant freezes and cannot login when I restart computer!

This is a discussion on Constant freezes and cannot login when I restart computer! within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I had not used my computer in some time because I had a dead monitor when I got a new

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 09:42 PM   #1

I had not used my computer in some time because I had a dead monitor when I got a new monitor and started using it again I would get constant computer freezes where it would totally freeze up and I'd get a fast repeating sound come from my speakers. It would freeze the most when I minimized between programs or changes setting like anti aliasing. It seems to happen with any program I had thought at one point that a game I had installed was causing it but I removed it and it fixed nothing. However it just gets worse the last time it froze up on me and I had to restart it again ( I had to hard restart it every time it froze because it would totally freeze up) when I got to my account login at start up something messed up happened. When I pressed the keys on my keyboard to type my password in nothing would come up! The keyboard has power ( usb keyboard ) and when I hit delete at the boot up screen it does indeed send me to the options screen as well as being able to hit up and down and select options like normal. However when I get to my login screen nothing gets put in the type space when I hit my keys. I'm at a complete loss as to what has caused these issues with my computer. First the freezes that had never happened before in all the years I've had my comp ( 3-4 year or so ) until I used this new monitor after leaving my computer off for a good couple weeks. And now I can't even log into my own computer because nothing gets typed when I hit keys at the login screen.

So here's me reaching out on this forums for any idea as to what has happened and what I could do. My friend told me I should just format it and it possible it may be a program/virus that has really messed it up on me. I'd just like to hear what others may believe and any advise they could give.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2008, 02:20 PM   #2
Moderator, Editor, Articles Team

My System

Hi Ravnic, and welcome to TSF.

Sorry for the delayed response but as you can probably see, we are very busy here right now.

If you still require our assistance with this matter, please post back.

I will subscribe to your thread so that i will be alerted to any response from you and will get back to you as soon as i can.

Meanwhile, click on the link below and follow the instructions so that we can get some more idea about your setup.

Use Belarc Advisor it builds a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, including Microsoft Hotfixes, and displays the results in your Web browser. All of your PC profile information is kept private on your PC and is not sent to any web server.
NOTE: When providing this information please remove any licenses, listed in the results.

Submit New Articles Here

Help us to help you by posting your System Specs
Closed Thread