Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Computer freezes randomly? Why

This is a discussion on Computer freezes randomly? Why within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. When I am on my computer it will randomly freeze up. I notice that it does it more often when

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 03:14 AM   #1

Confused

When I am on my computer it will randomly freeze up. I notice that it does it more often when I'm on the internet but it also does it when I am not on the internet and I'm just using various programs, what is the deal? Is there some kind of software that you can download that does an actual analysis of the computer and tells u where and what needs to be fixed and how to fix it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2007, 03:25 AM   #2

Hi and welcome to TSF,
You could start with this program to check the temperatures inside the computer.

Nicholas
Old 04-05-2007, 04:14 AM   #3

I sympathise and watch with baited breath I have exactly the same issue (see below)
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losing Sound/Taskbar changing colors (HiJack Log included)
My taskbar is the normal blue from WinXP, however it is now changing at random to beige. Along with that I keep losing my sound card, in device manager it shows active and enable but no sounds (other than system sounds) will play. When I click on the speaker on the taskbar it says no active mixer...
Wombat104 Inactive Malware Help Topics 18 01-22-2007 09:27 AM
Computer Freezes when Log into Windows
Hi, Every time I start my computer, it freezes up right when it logs into Window XP. This is quite frustrating as it seems that each time I start or restart the computer, it freezes earlier and earlier. At first, it only freezes when I open too many windows of explorer yesterday, then it...
vocfox Windows XP Support 4 04-29-2005 04:37 AM
Re: hi jack by look-today.com and haunted by trojan swizzor bt.
Hi there, New and novice member here :sad: :sad: It is really frustrating not being able to get rid of the look-today.com tool bar and it's frequent hijack. I had a scan by 'Trendmircro' and result was 'trojan swizzor bt.' being spotted. Like everyone else, i have tried ad-ware, norton...
chankmr Resolved HJT Threads 41 12-21-2004 08:48 PM
Windows won't shut down!
I have Windows XP Office, and just recently whenever I click on Turn Off Computer in the Start menu it will then give me the choice to Stand By, Turn Off, or Restart. The Stand By option works, but Restart and Turn Off only show a busy signal for a moment and then nothing happens. I tried...
ryan Windows XP Support 4 11-15-2002 02:23 PM