Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Computer crashing when loading games

This is a discussion on Computer crashing when loading games within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am having a problem and it is just happening when i attempt to play certain online games like World

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 10:33 AM   #1

I am having a problem and it is just happening when i attempt to play certain online games like World of Warcraft, Counter Strike, and Planet Side. Have not tried with any other games. Pretty much I can actually get into the game and on my character, but about 20-30 seconds later the computer just freezes or runs amazing slow. I was able to alt tab and check my processes under alt+ctrl+delete and it showed my CPU usage at 100%. I am forced to manually reboot at this point. This problem has happened continuously when I try and play any of the games. I have tried rebooting, downloading the most up to date drivers for my video card, buying a brand new video card, and scan disk. I am not sure what else to try.

Also this new video card was working fine with the games until about 3 days ago, ran them perfectly for about 2-3 weeks. The video card I had before this one started giving me similar problems that is why i replaced it.

p.s. first time posting here so if anything im forgetting please let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2006, 02:07 PM   #2

if your CPU usage is so high, there's more going on than just the video card... did you try defragmenting?
Closed Thread