Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Computer crashes

This is a discussion on Computer crashes within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. When i play games my computer screen became all fuzzy and crashes. Sometimes im not able to start up the

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 05:58 PM   #1

When i play games my computer screen became all fuzzy and crashes. Sometimes im not able to start up the computer at all. Now even when im not doing anything my computer screen just becomes fuzzy and crasshes. First i htought it was the power supply was too weak since i had a 200Watt now i got a 600Watt and it still messes up. What do you think the problem is?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

tell more about your computer, cpu, ram, harddrive size, free space, what video card, give examples of games you are playing.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:18 PM   #3

umm i got 1gb ram 50gb free space graphics card is nvidia geforce 6800 GT and AMD anthlon XP 2800+. crashes during any game i play like sims2 and timeshift I even tried veery old games with bad graphics and it still crashed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2007, 11:29 PM   #4

hello stuv,

look in your device manager & see if you have any (red or yellow ) quotation marks

if you do this means you are having driver probs.

please tell us what drivers

Mike
Old 12-18-2007, 01:19 PM   #5

No none of my drivers have yellow or red marks.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:27 PM   #6

Do u think it could be that the video card is broken? But could thevideo card being broken make my computer not start up?
Old 12-18-2007, 03:41 PM   #7

hello stuv,

okay ,
it could be that your video card is dieing !! for the fuzziness!!

it could also be that you need to update your drivers for the video card !!

what do you have the resolution set to , it could be set to much or it could be set to not enough/ that is something that you will have to do trial & error on to wich can be located in the display function in the control pannel

try adjusting them befor we start the trouble shooting process

Mike
Old 12-18-2007, 06:00 PM   #8

Well computer got worse... Cant even get to the startup screen now. And i set my resolution to 1024 by 768 sumthing like that. While i get the black screen it gets all fuzzy and sometimes nothing even pops up on the screen but all the lights are on.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:40 PM   #9

hello stuv,

well since you made those adjustments we found your problem !!

now you need to get another card !! see if you can barrow one from a friend to see if you can get you monitor back befor you buy another

when you made those adjustments to the display your card seased to work / to much stress for it and the problem was revealed

since it was having its probs. it ws causing errors and you system was being put under stress to wich then it shut its self down to save it self from further damage

here is a great place to look for video cards ( https://www.tigerdirect.com) they are having some awsome sales right now / i would check them out befor shelling out the $$$ for one at a local store / 3 day shipping is normal for them but you can get it faster if you want !!

Mike
Old 12-18-2007, 07:22 PM   #10

Thanks. Just wondering is there any kind of requirements for the video cards? or can i get watever i want. And what would u recommend thats not too expensive like 100-200$
Old 12-18-2007, 07:43 PM   #11

hello again ,

"wow" you can get a great card for that amount !!!
it wont be one of those $300 to $800 cards

you will have some great choice avalible for you , I have ATI graphics card / ATI & AMD are made by the same company but i dont know how you feel about switch brands for you used to have Nvidia

but the main thing is to make sure it has 3d support and has lots of onboard memory/ram / mine has 128 but i use this pc for mainly internet use / i also have a gamer / well 4 other pc's for the other functions of my needs & they all connect to the internet but not at once !!

if i was you and you like to play games i would go for a 256mb or if at all possible 512mb and that it has its own cooling fan / mine did not come with one so i had to buy one to add to the card / also you need to make sure you power supply will support it

your bets bet would be to go to the video card forum here at this site and explain to those guys there what your computer is /what type of psu /cpu and you intended use is and you buget and they will give you so much more advice then i can

i am just being honest with you and dont want to give you the wrong advice to wich could end up causing you more probs.

my gamer was a prebuilt system that i paid $3000 for then just tweaked it

so now this is all food for thought

Mike
Closed Thread