Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer Crashed

760 views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  alias301 
#1 ·
Ok so my computer crashed I figured it was going to happen so I have been using Norton Ghost to backup to my external hard drive.

What I am wondering is how I use my backup to restore my Computer.

Also I don't have my recovery disc any more for Windows XP Professional.

-Thanks

#6 ·
You should be able to boot into ghost using the CD that you installed ghost from. This needs to be in the CD drive at startup and you might have to change the device boot order in your computers bios so that the CD drive boots first and uses the Ghost disc. The button to enter the bios varies on different systems but it usually tells you on the screen that appears when the computer first starts up.

Once you get the cd booted, the software should guide you through restoring the image.

#12 ·
You won't be able to convert it to professional no. You might however be able to install the version of windows you've got and install the trial again and if it will allow you to restore the image you made earlier then you could restore it back to how it was before the crash. I don't know if the trial will allow that though. And installing windows again will wipe everything on your hard disk so you need to make sure you have another backup of important files before you wipe the disk incase the ghost backup you made can't be restored.

#13 ·
Did the windows xp pro come on this computer or was it an upgrade or such?

What is the make and model of computer?

If you want to restore from the Norton Ghost you are going to have to spend the money on the real program, this is the only way you are going to restore the windows xp pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.