Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Comp crash to white/black screen with horizontal colored lines.

This is a discussion on Comp crash to white/black screen with horizontal colored lines. within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So recently my computer has been crashing to a white or black screen with horizontal colored lines running accross it.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
Registered Member

So recently my computer has been crashing to a white or black screen with horizontal colored lines running accross it. I'm told it may be because i changed my page file size but i set it to a safe limit that should not be affecting it. I'v also been told it could be graphics card related, so i updated my drivers.

Specs:
Emachines EL1200-o5
Nvidia Gforce 6150SE
AMD Athlon 2650
2.7 gigs of ram

Also i changed my page file to 2.7 which i'm told is a safe amount for my computer.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Acer Aspire 9410 horizontal lines on screen
For about a year I have a problem with the screen of my laptop. The problem is increasing and is so annoying by now, it's time to see if I can fix it. When the screen is at a normal working angle (about 90 degrees) it is often showing white, horizontal lines, especially on black parts of a screen....
Guust_Flater Laptop Support 6 01-15-2012 10:25 AM
Help with BLUE screen shutting down comp
I was on the internet and I had a malaware pop up saying move to virus vault so i ok that and soon after I keep getting a blue screen message which knock my laptop off, then the cycle of reboot just keeps going round and round, partially booting up to my desk top and then when the blue screen...
Dazkar Laptop Support 0 03-26-2011 01:23 PM
graphic problem lines all over screen
Recently my computer has been doing odd things. I have not added any new programs or any new hardware. One day it works the next day it doesnt. ok here are the issues, at first white little lines started appearing. at times just small little lines, then they started to appear everywhere,...
bhrandon Motherboards, Bios & CPU 9 03-25-2011 03:34 PM
[SOLVED] Computer restarts when exiting sleep, white lines on screen.
Our computer restarts when exiting sleep mode. Upon restart there are static white lines flashing on the screen and I get the Windows Error Recovery screen where it says windows failed to start. I can launch startup repair or start windows normally. A week or so ago we had this same error screen...
oaev Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 11 02-17-2011 01:17 AM
[SOLVED] Computer restarts when exiting sleep, white lines flash on screen
Our computer restarts when exiting sleep mode. Upon restart there are static white lines flashing on the screen and I get the Windows Error Recovery screen where it says windows failed to start. I can launch startup repair or start windows normally. A week or so ago we had this same error screen...
oaev Laptop Support 0 02-08-2011 07:44 AM