Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

CD/DVD querry

This is a discussion on CD/DVD querry within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. For some reason when I eject a CD/DVD and replace it with a different one Windows XP doesn't seem to

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 10:39 PM   #1
Registered Member

For some reason when I eject a CD/DVD and replace it with a different one Windows XP doesn't seem to be pick up the fact that the disc in the drive has changed. The volume in the My Computer window stays the same even after changing the disc and the file listings is the same as the previous disc until I manually refresh the display via F5 or View->Refresh.

Any suggestions??
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2006, 02:01 AM   #2

is the auto boot disabled? you can look in the registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Cdrom

in that hive if the autorun is set to 0 then the autoboot is disabled. right click on autorun and then modify. set it to 1 and then reboot. you can access the registry by clicking on start>run and type 'regedit' then ok
Old 10-29-2006, 04:00 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks!!!

Another fairly quick question. Does anyone know how the settings for the sound scheme can change other then going to "Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices"? I went in and changed the sound scheme to "None" and yesterday I noticed that I was getting sound when starting up, min/max windows, etc.. when I know I haven't gone back to Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices to change the sound scheme.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2006, 10:43 AM   #4

go back to the sounds and multimedia icon and see if there are any sounds associated with the min/max events. it is possible to add sounds to the 'no sounds' scheme using the registry. this is a bit unusual, maybe some software application is making entries into it.
if there are sounds in there then apply some other sound scheme and then apply the 'no sounds' again. scroll through the events and make sure there are no sounds associated with any events. then check it the next time you reboot.
Closed Thread