Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Can't Remove "Edit Song Information" command in Mp3 Right-Click menu

This is a discussion on Can't Remove "Edit Song Information" command in Mp3 Right-Click menu within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a bizarre problem that I can't seem to solve. I looked all over the internet for solutions, but

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 03:28 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

I have a bizarre problem that I can't seem to solve. I looked all over the internet for solutions, but can't find any.

My problem is that when I right-click on Mp3 files, the pop-up menu shows "Edit Song Information" as the default command for Mp3 files. The default command should be "Play In Winamp".

I've looked for a command in Winamp to change the default command back with no success. I've checked the Mp3 info in Folder Options > View File Types and the "Play In Winamp" command IS set as the default.

One of my other programs must be causing the problem. I have the following audio programs or codecs installed.

Winamp 5.52
Windows Media Player 10
VLC Media Player
iTunes (I don't really use it except for m4b files)
Roxio Easy Media Creator 9
RealPlayer 10.5
K-Lite Codec Pack 3.7.0
G-Spot 2.21
Quicktime Player 7.4

Does anyone know how to get "Edit Song Information" removed as the default command for my Mp3s and what program might be causing it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2008, 11:23 PM   #2
TSF Emeritus

Hello and welcome to TSF :Wavey:

What does the Edit song information belong too?

Can you post a screen shot of the .Mp3 file type in Folder options
Old 03-03-2008, 09:39 PM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Sorry that I never got back to you. For some reason I didn't receive an email telling me there had been a reply, so I didn't check for any.

Somehow I got the problem worked out, but I didn't figure out what program the "Edit Song Information" option came from.

I went onto another problem concerning the number of items in my context menus for different file types and folders and how to get rid of them. While fixing that with some Context Menu Editors, the mp3 menu option for "Edit Song Information" disappeared. So something I adjusted must have fixed it.

My guess is that it had something to do with either Roxio, Winamp, or Realplayer. One of the programs must have added a menu option of its own that overided all the other default commands.
Closed Thread