Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't reinstall itunes. Help!

1K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  carrier74 
#1 ·
It started when itunes didnt recognize my ipods in july. since then, I've tried to update windows installer (error message), uninstall-reinstall (can't reinstall) uninstall-reinstall service pack3 (pain in the a..) downloaded revo, uniblue and malwarebytes (i think its clean-by now) many scans and restarts-still nothing! has anyone been through this? any advice? help? please?

#2 ·
cant reinstall itunes and not able to download all microsoft updates

why is this? i cant download all of the microsoft upates, or reinstall itunes! i've tried EVRYTHING I CAN THINK OF! maybe someone can help me here. i'm running out of hair to pull out!

#3 ·
It may not be a software issue. It could be a Plug and Play issue.

When you plug in your ipod is it recognized by Windows?

When the ipod is plugged in go to "My Computer" and see if the ipod is listed there.

Also try uninstalling Itunes and updating to 10.5.

#4 ·
yes, it is recognized by windows AND..it's wierd. when i update to 10.5, it appears to download, but into the abyss because nothing happens after the little graph "shows" that it is downloading, but nothing else happens and i cant find it anywhere. where did it go? did it finish? and some of my microsoft updates (including windows installer 3.1 or 4.5) fail

#7 ·
Try going to Run type in services.msc

Look for Windows installer right click then select properties make sure it is on Manual

Stop it then restart it by selecting start.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling itunes again

#10 ·
Re: cant reinstall itunes and not able to download all microsoft updates

Microsoft.NET Framework 4 Client file for Windows XPx86 (KB982670), Security Update for Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Serrver 2003 for Windows XPx86 (KB2577074), Update for Windows XP (KB2570791), Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2515417, Security Update for Microsoft.NET frameworl 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 for Windows XPx86 (KB2572073). It's like, I'm only downloading iTunes INSTALLER, but i can't get any further than that, all-of-a-sudden. Error message is as follows:"windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." and 0x8ddd01007 error.

#11 ·

As for the .Net Frameworks, download the Dotnetfix cleanup tool uninstall all version of .Net Framework and restart the computer. Then go to Windows Update and download them all again, leaving 4 for the last.
As for iTunes, do a Clean Uninstall of iTunes, Bonjour, QuickTime and anything else Apple. and restart. When you come back up, search for iTunes, QuickTime, Bonjour anything else Apple, and Delete those files and empty the recycle bin and then download iTunes again. If that fails, create a new user and try downloading it as that user.

#15 ·

could not download all of the updates after downloading the dotnetfx cleanup tool, running it, restaring and attempting to download the updates, as instructed.Microsoft.net framework 4 client profile for windows xpx86 (kb982670), microsoft.net framework ver 1.1, microsoft.net framework 3.5 service pack 1 and .net framework 3.5 family update (kb951847)x86, update for windows xp (kb2570791 0, and update for microsoft office 2010 (kb2515417) failed. still working on itunes delete. so far, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.