Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

cant open Regional Options

This is a discussion on cant open Regional Options within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. as the title has said, I'm trying to change my system locale to Korean so i can play a Korean

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
Registered Member

as the title has said, I'm trying to change my system locale to Korean so i can play a Korean game
but the regional option isnt in my classic view control panel so i deceided to switch back to normal veiw i did i found Date,Time, and regional options i click it, then i try to click add other languages but nothing happens at all.

its so frustrating
i was told to try and start menu and goto run and run Intl.cpl but it didn't work
what do i do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

Your Locale is based on the time zone your computer is in. If you change the region to a different time zone, Windows Updates and many other programs will not work, if the time is different then the region you are in.
You cannot change the Default Language of Windows, whatever version is installed is the Language your stuck with. You can Add an Input language in Regional and Language Settings, you will need the XP CD to proceed. Microsoft Corporation
Old 05-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
Registered Member

ok i do not have the CD but ill try the other thing
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Can't open advanced boot options?
My laptop is still fairly new--I've only had it for a few months, as a college/Christmas present. It's a Dell, running Windows 7. Anyways, recently it's been acting up funny. It loads really slow, freezes up a lot, and gives me the BSoD a lot and shuts down. I've tried running anti-viral programs...
hayleypm93 Laptop Support 5 07-20-2011 02:54 PM
eword files cannot be open
my word files cannot be open. when i try to open it says: This error message can appear if the document you are attempting to open is corrupt. It is possible to recover a corrupt file or its content by using either the Recover Text converter (may require installation) or the Open and Repair...
roslina Microsoft Office support 1 07-20-2011 10:15 AM
Netgear FVX538 Firewall
Hi All, I am a newly joined to these forum, hopefully this is the correct section to post my inquiry. could anyone help me secure my network. we are running windows server 2003. the services installed are exchange 2003, AD, DNS, and our antivirus is Escan. When i am blocking some ports...
pdelcast Networking Support 3 02-07-2011 05:34 PM